Your Farthest Cruise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Take your time and enjoy the sights. I came home with over 500 photos.

If it fits your schedule, stop in here:

The Marina at Ortega Landing & River Homes - Jacksonville Area Information

We were going to stay a couple days when the manager informed us that for the cost of three days we could have the weekly rate (seven days). Not only that, you can split the seven days so we stayed four on the way down and three on the way back. You can walk to Publix and West Marine and several other stores. Laundry was free.

And when you get to Sanford, be sure and try the German restaurant.

It takes us about 45 minutes to drive to Sanford & 3 days by boat.

German restaurant in Sanford FL

Rwidman the name of the “german restaurant” just off the waterfront in Sanford is Hollerbach's Willow Tree Cafe. I’ve been there 2 or 3 times during our two St. Johns cruises.

They have a website.

I’m also about 45 mins. by car, but have never had the urge to drive over.

Sorry for the hijack.

Mike

I've made several round trips from The Quad Cities IA/IL (I-80 & The Miss. River) to Minneapolis MN and Stillwater (the St. Croix River) MN. About 750 miles round trip. One circle of Lake Michigan. Morris IL on the Illinois river to Chicago. to Door County WI, to The Manitou Islands MI, then south along the western Mich. coast, to Indiana, and back to Morris IL. About 1000 miles round trip. Also a one way trip from Nashville TN on the Cumberland River to Kentucky Lake at the Tenn/Kentucky border, then back down the Tennessee and Cumberland to the Ohio River to the Miss. then Upriver to home in the Quad Cities. That trip was about 850 miles, but it much further considering that 500 miles or so was bucking a 6 to 10 mph current on the flooding Miss.
I can't wait to get back to big water. But it won't be this year.

Our farthest boat adventure was from Spartanburg, SC to Homer Alaska and back - over 14,000 miles...most of which were of course on the road, but our 18' boat was home whether it was on the trailer or on the water.
img_145549_0_c486aecfa12ee590ac4d8c2c03b58c37.jpg

Lesser adventures included a trip to Powell where we met up with Richard Cook, his wife Cindy and 4 legged crew - Scrappy.

Nicky and New Moon tucked away in a comfy Powell anchorage.
img_145549_1_0f31dc349e848d1071617fc4588339bc.jpg

Our longest boat adventure was 3 years living aboard our Bristol 27, during which time we spent over 1,000 nights on the hook - at home port Beaufort NC while working during hurricane seasons, then while on the move the rest of the year.
img_145549_2_89cf0d227cf029cb804578d484f005af.jpg

(Our live aboard years were without running water or refrigeration or generator).

Those are great trips, Jeff. I always wanted to go to Lake Powell. I also lived aboard a 30' powerboat without refrigeration or generator. I did have a small 20 gallon fresh water system.

Those days were great.

From Ketchikan to Hadai Gwaii to Bellingham.

Attachments

• IMG_0678.jpg
    IMG_0678.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 99
Nicky and New Moon tucked away in a comfy Powell anchorage.

Perla and fellow tourists on Lake Powell, Antelope Canyon, Feb. 27, 2012.

img_145822_0_c80eea5af333a0fbfef8c97a81ca71b4.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom