Old 12-24-2016, 09:32 AM   #261

City: Sanary
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 42'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Rambler View Post
Myself and Evelyne on board 'Snow Mouse', Patrick & Geraldine Butler who cruised in company with us on 'Cool Running's' ,are now safely moored in Narbonne for the winter.
We would like to thank the TF site team for supporting us and allowing us to use the TF site.
We sincerely hope you enjoyed travelling with us on our adventure Windmills and Wine, we certainly enjoyed having you along with us in mind and spirit and your supportive comments.

MAY WE WISH EACH AND EVERYONE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY, HEALTHY AND SAFE CRUISING NEW YEAR.

We're happy to say that Amazon seems to have redressed the problems of our e book sales 'How To Cruise Between Two Seas', The Wolf's Lair etc.
More importantly I'm happy to say we've just concluded a deal with a print on demand company who will publish our books via Amazon paperbacks. An e book & paperback version of Windmills & Wine will be on sale shortly.
IR.
Happy Merry Christmas to you and your family, I wish you the best for 2017.
Warm thanks for your wonderful thread. Looking forward for your next travelogue.
Cheers,

Old 12-28-2016, 12:32 PM   #262
Guru

City: NARBONNE
Vessel Name: Snow Mouse, Sanity
Vessel Model: BROOM 42, Birchwood 33
Merci Beaucoup Pilou.
Tres Bon Annee.
Votre Mt Canigou est magnifique adjourdhi avec une couverture de niege.

Irish Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:49 AM   #263
Guru

City: NARBONNE
Vessel Name: Snow Mouse, Sanity
Vessel Model: BROOM 42, Birchwood 33
For any one still following the thread I'm happy to announce that a print on demand company in England has agreed to print four of my books, they cover an earlier single handed adventure from Ireland to the Med via Paris. How to enjoy cruising in retirement.That was my first attempt at writing as friends kept urged me to do it, I think they were curious and wondered if I'd make it, I got the researching writing bug.
How to cruise between two seas (Canal du Midi) Atlantic to the Med.
The Wolf's Lair which is all about the key part played by logistics in modern life, it's interesting, honestly !
'Encore' covers the trip from Ireland to Dunkirk, posts shown on TF as 'Ireland to the Mediterranean part 1)

These will be available shortly from Amazon as print on demand.
The 'Windmills and Wine' thread you're reading now is also morphing into a book, between catching up on admin and believe me that's no easy task in France, the beaurocracy here would make a bloody Saint swear, changing the car etc, Xmas holidays, trip back to England, sorting out the medical side before bits start to droop or drop off, planning a holiday to Australia (by air).
I'm a bit slow but I can assure you I'm on the job.
The main aim of the books is to act as inspiration to others and serve as a reference for future planning.

Irish Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote