Old 06-20-2016, 05:09 PM   #141
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: 2011 Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Late this week or the next, I'll be taking the boat, most likely single-handed, from the boat yard in Richmond to home berth in Vallejo after receiving annual maintenance and repair. It's about a four-hour voyage.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:31 PM   #142

City: Seabrook, Texas
Vessel Name: Small World
Vessel Model: Defever 50
In July we're taking a three week trip down the Texas Gulf Coast.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:35 PM   #143
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
My next planned voyage will be to no where or anywhere. Absolutely no set schedule or agenda. Just gunk holing around wherever the bow pennant leads. My kind of cruise.
http://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:41 PM   #144
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstruck View Post
My next planned voyage will be to no where or anywhere. Absolutely no set schedule or agenda. Just gunk holing around wherever the bow pennant leads. My kind of cruise.
Have you determined the direction you'll start with?
BandB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:33 PM   #145
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Have you determined the direction you'll start with?
Not really. Could go North stopping in at Vero Beach to grab a mooring, or maybe South to Peck Lake to drop the Sarca. Probably a couple of days at either then determine where to next. I like FTL, but probably won't do the 100 mile offshore thing. So, maybe Stuart. We'll see. Kinda like this . . . . . .

One of my grandsons is home from college this summer. Tomorrow the two of us are taking the camper up into the Cherokee National Forest for 3 days. Next summer he is doing an internship in British Columbia before starting graduate school. This will probably be my last time to spend time alone with him for quite awhile. He is more the world's than ours now.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:50 PM   #146
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstruck View Post
Not really. Could go North stopping in at Vero Beach to grab a mooring, or maybe South to Peck Lake to drop the Sarca. Probably a couple of days at either then determine where to next. I like FTL, but probably won't do the 100 mile offshore thing. So, maybe Stuart. We'll see. Kinda like this . . . . . .
]
We do that sometimes on day trips or trips for two or three days with just the two of us. Normally we cruise with more. We normally decide where then the night before and it might end up being Bimini or Nassau or Key West or as far north as Daytona Beach. One of our best trips was lunch in Fort Pierce and then on to Hammock Beach in Palm Coast, just a random place we'd never stopped. We had a great time there.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:12 PM   #147
Guru

Quote:
We do that sometimes on day trips or trips for two or three days with just the two of us. Normally we cruise with more. We normally decide where then the night before and it might end up being Bimini or Nassau or Key West or as far north as Daytona Beach. One of our best trips was lunch in Fort Pierce and then on to Hammock Beach in Palm Coast, just a random place we'd never stopped. We had a great time there.
Fort Pierce is a great cruising stop, but the boat is already there. We do enjoy it. We are just a couple of hours from the Little Bahama Bank. But another 3 1/2 to 4 hours to good cruising in the Abacos. It's going to be tough to leave Fort Pierce.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:40 PM   #148
Al
Guru

City: ketchikan, Alaska
Vessel Name: 'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Model: 1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty Chief View Post
Thanks Al (Ketchikan)for letting Murray know we were coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty Chief View Post
Almost on the 54th parallel, and now we take a few routes south that we missed coming up.
Cheers.....

You are welcome Chief, My wife and I found Murray and his wife to be as charming a couple as one would want to meet. I know it was special to have the opportunity to meet you and your crew. He shares a beautiful part of the country and is proud to share the experience.
Safe voyage back down to the lower 48.

Currently involved with Tom and Kay on the 'Alaska Sea-duction' they are in route with a stop here. Special times!

Al-Ketchikan-Marben 27' pocket CRUISER
Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:18 PM   #149
TF Site Team

City: California Delta and SF Bay
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Depends on the weather in Sacramento.

If it's cool or a bit warm, I head to the mouth of the Napa River/Mare Island Strait and hang a left to the warmer, fresh waters of the CA Delta. Countless gunkhole opportunities in the waters of the various rivers and sloughs.

If it's hot, I hang a right to cooler climes by 20-25*F in the SF Bay. Less anchoring, more marinas and a more urban environment...with the exception of Angel Island which is natural, historic and peaceful on moorings.

It's nice to have choices.

Custom Google Trawler Forum Search
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:01 AM   #150

City: LAFAYETTE,LA
Vessel Name: Relenti
Vessel Model: Atlantic 30, 1983
Had planned to head west on the icw in July-no destination or time frame-Pick up my brother in Lake Charles and hang out cruising at 7knts for a week west and turn around and head back home. Plans put on hold-trying to get my workshop rebuilt after fire. Hope to be finished before July. Then I can shop for replacement tools to fill it up.
ddalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:41 AM   #151

City: Lafayette, LA
Vessel Name: presently boatless
Headed east from New Orleans this past weekend. Wound up in Gulfport Miss. after a 9 hour run. Municipal marina 1st class! Wife wants to stay through the 4th to enjoy what the Miss coast has to offer then we'll head east to Perdedo Key for awhile.
ragin cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:53 AM   #152
TF Site Team

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Model: Carver 356
Headed to Harborwalk(local marina) for the weekend. This is the weekend of the Texas Outlaw Challenge....which is a go fast boat party/poker run/shoot out. HUGE party. One of their stops is Harborwalk so we have just kind of made this an annual thing. None of us participate but we do spectate when they come through the marina on one of their stops. It truly is a sight to behold. Luckily they are only there for a couple of hours. There is usually more "meat" in the pool than there is water.

I have watched the shootout on Friday morning. They have a piston class and a turbine class. The piston boats(catamaran) are in the 170s. Turbine boats 200++. It is pretty damn cool to watch.

A cool boat that is local to here is "The Phantom". It is a guy here that has done well for himself. The boat is a cross between a Rolls Royce Phantom with styling cues from Phantom of the Opera. Go fast boats don't do much for me. But the Phantom is pretty damn cool and it is neat that it is custom styled by the imagination of its owner. It is also about a 140mph boat.
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:53 AM   #153
Veteran Member

City: Northwest Basin, Penetanguishene, ON.
Vessel Name: SAN-BAR
Vessel Model: 1981 CHEER MEN PT 38 EUROPA
This weekend we take our newly acquired trawler SAN-BAR, a Cheermen PT38 from Victoria Harbor to the Waubic Inn on the Severn River [located near Severn Falls]. Round trip approx 28 miles via the Port Severn Lock and world famous Big Chute Marine Railway. This will be the first overnight off the dock since bringing her home from Bay City Michigan four weeks ago.

Bill
1982 CHEERMEN PT38
"SAN-BAR"
Victoria Harbor, Ontario
2dboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:02 AM   #154

City: London, ON
Vessel Model: Mainship 34 Original
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dboat View Post
This weekend we take our newly acquired trawler SAN-BAR, a Cheermen PT38 from Victoria Harbor to the Waubic Inn on the Severn River [located near Severn Falls]. Round trip approx 28 miles via the Port Severn Lock and world famous Big Chute Marine Railway. This will be the first overnight off the dock since bringing her home from Bay City Michigan four weeks ago.
I'm heading for Port Severn this weekend as well to start east through the waterway. Coming from Tobermorey via French River. Maybe our paths will cross on Sunday.

Jeff
Mainship 34 Mazurka
No fixed address
Jeff F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:02 AM   #155
TF Site Team

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Model: Carver 356
The boat I was talking about above....this thing is WAY over the top...but cool as hell.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kenny phantom.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	53337  
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:15 AM   #156
Guru

City: Kitimat, North Coast BC
Vessel Name: Badger
Vessel Model: 30' Sundowner Tug
Al & Crusty Chief (John)...feelings are mutual on this end
Old 06-21-2016, 10:48 AM   #157
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker View Post
The boat I was talking about above....this thing is WAY over the top...but cool as hell.
Wifey B: I like it
Old 06-21-2016, 11:57 AM   #158
Veteran Member

City: Northwest Basin, Penetanguishene, ON.
Vessel Name: SAN-BAR
Vessel Model: 1981 CHEER MEN PT 38 EUROPA
Sunday we'll be headed back to Victoria Harbor, so it is hard not to cross paths if you make it to the bottom of the bay! Safe Travels.
2dboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:12 PM   #159
Guru

Wifey B: Somewhere where people aren't wearing Cleveland Cavalier T-Shirts? Where no parade is scheduled? Just teasing as it's nice to see a community happy even if over a game and even if my team lost. (Actually one of my three teams was the one that lost).

As long as we're here. Yesterday. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Omfg. Wow. Wonderful. Incredible. We spent the morning there and loved every minute. We went back for the 4:00 PM hour long program of this year's inductees.

Just one more reminder of the incredible places to visit in each and every port. From the smallest local museum to the Smithsonian.

Every day of cruising we get exposed to the beauty of the water as well as the beauty of a different place. Every place is beautiful, you just have to look for it.

I love love love love love cruising. I love life. Every day a new adventure.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:03 PM   #160
Guru

City: DC
Vessel Name: Carolena II
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 32/34
Quote:
Just one more reminder of the incredible places to visit in each and every port. From the smallest local museum to the Smithsonian.

Every day of cruising we get exposed to the beauty of the water as well as the beauty of a different place. Every place is beautiful, you just have to look for it.

I love love love love love cruising. I love life. Every day a new adventure.
Always love your attitude. Did you hit DC earlier in the trip? Just curious based on the Smithsonian reference (and we live in the city). My brother and his family come in this weekend. They don't want to go out on the boat, but do want to see some museums. Living here, we tend to take all the city has to offer for granted - about the only time we go to the museums is when we have friends in town.

Carolena is offline   Reply With Quote