Old 09-16-2015, 07:08 PM   #121

City: Mississippi
Not aboard

My next adventure is, alas, not aboard. But it will be quite the adventure. With two friends (wife is happy they are both med doctors) I leave Friday for Spain to hike 260 miles of the Camino de Santiago over 18 days . Several yrs ago one of these guys and I were hiking in the Wind River Range in WY where we met a guy, high in rough territory, hiking with polio braces on legs and arms. A while after we met him and hiked on we looked at each other and vowed that as long as we could walk we would continue with these hiking trips. Next year it's the John Muir trail in the Sierra Nevada's. Oh yeah, I turn 60 on this trip and my buddy is 63. Stay calm and hike on!

FoxtrotCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:46 PM   #122
TF Site Team

City: California Delta and SF Bay
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Really cool, FC! I hope you post up a report of your Camino hike when you return. Safe travels and Godspeed.

Custom Google Trawler Forum Search
FlyWright is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 10:21 PM   #123

City: Mississippi
Al, thanks, will do. We have a website at My front page - www.misscamino.com where we hope to post some photos...
FoxtrotCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:51 PM   #124
TF Site Team

City: California Delta and SF Bay
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Great! I'll be reading along as you walk. Not a single photo up and already you've got 98 visits to your blog!

Custom Google Trawler Forum Search
FlyWright is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 04:40 AM   #125

City: LAFAYETTE,LA
Vessel Name: Relenti
Vessel Model: Atlantic 30, 1983
Leaving Cypremort Point in Vermilion Bay and heading on the ICW west next Thursday. Crew of three. Would like to visit Dimer2 in Kemah, Tx. But only have 4 days for the round trip as one of the crew still works. Not in a hurry, just want to sit back and relax and watch the marsh go by at 6 to 7 knots.
ddalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:29 AM   #126
TF Site Team

City: Houston
Vessel Name: Baobab
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4788
ddalme, if you don't make Kemah, try for Beaumont Yacht club. You will have a ball and meet some fine folk. We will drive up and meet you there. We will also firm up plans for stopping at your camp in November on the way to the Bahamas, You can also settle your debt of $10.15 ($10.00 plus 6 months interest ) which I am sure has been keeping you up nights.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:43 PM   #127

City: LAFAYETTE,LA
Vessel Name: Relenti
Vessel Model: Atlantic 30, 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimer2 View Post
ddalme, if you don't make Kemah, try for Beaumont Yacht club. You will have a ball and meet some fine folk. We will drive up and meet you there. We will also firm up plans for stopping at your camp in November on the way to the Bahamas, You can also settle your debt of $10.15 ($10.00 plus 6 months interest ) which I am sure has been keeping you up nights.
I'll contact you and give you an update on our progress along the way. AND- I'm not forgetting my debt. It has been bugging me that I can get over there to settle up.
ddalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:54 PM   #128
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Well, our next changed. Look at East Coast forecasts from Atlantic City to Hatteras for the next few days. So we're going to head for calmer ground, or water actually. Atlantic City was cancelled from our plans. Delaware and Chesapeake points to be determined. All plans are written in easily changed type.

Guess we spoke too soon our last time out about 1' seas around Cape Cod. Well, Long Island Sound, East River and NYC were calm.
BandB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:37 AM   #129
omc

City: Antibes
Vessel Name: LUTIN
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 42' Motor Yacht
My next cruise will be next week, heading again to Monaco with close American friends from Northern California who will be visiting me. They never been there yet.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:21 AM   #130
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by omc View Post
My next cruise will be next week, heading again to Monaco with close American friends from Northern California who will be visiting me. They never been there yet.
That's one of the joys of boating for us, introducing others to places they've never been. It also helps us see each of those places fresh and anew and in a bright and different light.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:51 AM   #131
TF Site Team

City: Houston
Vessel Name: Baobab
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4788
Baobab (and Sprig, the dinghy), will be leaving Houston the end of this month, will stop in Beaumont for October , to build a hardtop and then meander over to Florida, spending Christmas in the keys before wintering in the Bahamas. Ain't life grand!!
Old 09-20-2015, 10:56 AM   #132
Guru

Quote:
Baobab (and Sprig, the dinghy), will be leaving Houston the end of this month, will stop in Beaumont for October , to build a hardtop and then meander over to Florida, spending Christmas in the keys before wintering in the Bahamas. Ain't life grand!!
If you've never spent New Year's Eve in Key West, it's quite an experience. Then head to the Bahamas immediately thereafter for some more peaceful and quiet enjoyment.
Old 09-20-2015, 11:57 AM   #133
GFC
Guru

City: Tri Cities, WA
Vessel Name: Beachcomber
Vessel Model: Sea Ray 550 Sedan Bridge
We have two trips coming up in the next 10 days.

The first will be a day trip up through Ice Harbor Lock on the Snake River. It's the second highest lift lock in the US at an average lift of 105'. We're taking a couple we've never met but I've "known" him for several years on another boating forum. They're from Oklahoma City and are taking a PNW vacation. They're flying to Seattle, picking up a rental motorhome then driving here. After our day trip, the next morning they'll leave for Glacier Park, Yellowstone and Grand Teton.

The second trip will be a weekend trip up the Snake River with our club. We do two cruises up there to Fishhook Park each year, one before the park opens in the spring and one after it closes in the fall. We'll be going up Friday morning and coming back on Sunday afternoon.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:37 PM   #134
omc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
That's one of the joys of boating for us, introducing others to places they've never been. It also helps us see each of those places fresh and anew and in a bright and different light.
I agree with you, and thank you for your comment.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:39 PM   #135
omc

Quote:
Sunsets in Key West are stunning !
Old 06-20-2016, 11:56 AM   #136
Guru

%!^^$&%$&^*^&*%$^

Wifey B: Timing.....damn we've been lucky in the past.....but revenge has taken place. Last night was a very sad night to see the Warriors lose. However, what makes this worse is where we pulled into yesterday. The Mistake by the Lake. Of all places to be last night and today. No, we're not wearing Golden State gear as we value our lives. The only possible worse time we could have chosen to be here would have been July 18. We didn't even think of it until we were watching the game last night. Suddenly it hit us where we were. : horse::ce nsored:

Well, payback I guess. We lucked into Panama City for Carnival and then into Jamaica for an Easter celebration and both of those were just luck of the calendar.

One good thing. Seeing happy people today, although some very very very very very hung over ones too.

Damn. Cleveland. NBA Champions. That is soooooooooooooooo very wrong.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:28 PM   #137

City: New England to Florida
Vessel Name: Tadhana
Vessel Model: Helmsman 38 Pilothouse
Well since we have no home base, we are continually voyaging I guess. Right now we are enrout from St Michaels to Solomon's for some engine work. Then moving down to Hampton for annual Dr work. After that will probably head back up the Bay for the 4th. Eventually the days will get short and cool so it will be time to head back to FL.
tadhana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:37 PM   #138
GFC
Guru

City: Tri Cities, WA
Vessel Name: Beachcomber
Vessel Model: Sea Ray 550 Sedan Bridge
Next one will be a short one. Our club is heading down the Columbia about 40 miles to Umatilla, OR for their Umatilla Days Festival. It's an annual trip for our club and a lot of fun. There usually are about 10 boats that participate.

We'll leave about 0830 Friday and head down to McNary Dam and Lock. After locking through it's just a short few miles to Umatilla. They have a yacht club there that fixes a dinner and a breakfast for us, and we reciprocate by fixing dinner one night.

Saturday night there's a nice fireworks show right on the breakwater in front of the marina. Nice folks down there, the weather looks like it will cooperate and it should be fun. Pictures will be posted.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:12 PM   #139
Guru

City: Las Vegas/Portland
Vessel Name: Pairadice
Vessel Model: Selene 47
Since you asked, Day 85 and we are just about to turn around and head south.
This year we wanted to focus on Canada and boy have we enjoyed it. Met up with a few TF folks and yesterday met up with Murray here in Kitimak. A real nice guy who went out of his way on Father's Day to meet up and even gave us a ride into the big city! Hope we can meet up this afternoon so's he can give us a tour of his boat. Murray said we were the first TF member to show up here in Kitimak by boat, kinda doubt it as I'm sure others have trekked up here. Thanks Al (Ketchikan)for letting Murray know we were coming.
Almost on the 54th parallel, and now we take a few routes south that we missed coming up.
Cheers.....
" I can explain, but I can't make you understand"
Crusty Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:12 PM   #140
Guru

City: North Carolina for now
Vessel Name: Small Incentive
Vessel Model: Boston Whaler 130 Sport
Writing this on the ferry to Grand Manan Island, does that count?

"There's the Right Way, the Wrong Way, and what some guy says he's gotten away with"
caltexflanc is online now   Reply With Quote