Venezuela to Grenada and beyon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkey

Veteran Member
Flying to Curacao in late October to pick up my bosses new boat. The plan is to travel to Granada and then a slow screw off island hopping trip to St. Martin where I will stay for Christmas and New Years while the boss goes home. After the holidays we will head to BVI's and eventually end up in the Bahamas....

Anyone that has advise, places not to miss or to stear clear of, please pass it on... Especially interested in anyone that has traveled from Carousel to Grenada by boat.

Sharkey

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes,,, starting from Curaçao. ... I will check out the thread,, thanks.

We are going to shoot for non-stop to Grenada, the weather and fuel Gods aligning and all...

In discussing this trip keep Curacao straight. It is not part of Venezuela. Venezuela is a hot spot for pirates, especially the offshore islands. Some insurance companies will no longer cover boats going into or near Venezuela.

Once you are out of reach of those coming from Venezuela you are in good shape. Some folks are not happy with security in St. Vincent proper. An additional concern is the southern port in St. Lucia, Vieux Fort.

Back
Top Bottom