Underway Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

You're in fine hands in a DeFever with Lehmans. Interested on how good your time will be

Well this sucks! Looks like I'm inside again. The weather Gods or at least the #&$!@&# forecasters are laughing at me. No sooner do I get well offshore beating into head seas and headwind do they admit this is the new forecast for a few days. Seems a high pressure has settled in north of the area which will funnel NE wind and waves into my face. I'm making less the 6 knts in this which takes away most of the advantage to being out here. Back to the ICW highway.

Well this sucks! Looks like I'm inside again. The weather Gods or at least the #&$!@&# forecasters are laughing at me. No sooner do I get well offshore beating into head seas and headwind do they admit this is the new forecast for a few days. Seems a high pressure has settled in north of the area which will funnel NE wind and waves into my face. I'm making less the 6 knts in this which takes away most of the advantage to being out here. Back to the ICW highway.

That sucks. I just looked and now it says 10-15 northeast winds & 3-5' seas through Georgia.

Sorry to hear that. I saw your progress line on marine traffic and was curious about the speed. Be careful out there and good luck,

Are you going back in at the St. Marys River entrance?

I will head toward Charleston and if all is well peel off to Beaufort, NC

Let us know if you'll be in/near MHC/BFT or Oriental this weekend! We'd love to catch up with you!

In the meantime, Lovin' the cruise updates!!

Mark,

Hopefully I'll have a contract on one of my houses by the time you get settled in up north aUnd then we can go boat shopping!

I'm in the same spot as you, this particular spring/summer here in Texas is the time to sell. Good luck with yours.

Going in St Andrew Sound south side of Jekyll. Just bumped the bottom while typing this two miles offshore in the channel in current USCG charted 29' of water!! 3-4' on the beam, walled up due to the shallows on the north side of the channel:-(

ForumRunner_20130415_194708.jpg

South tip of Jekyll. Miles, not enough, 13+ hours 5

ForumRunner_20130415_200857.jpg

of the 6 travel days :)

I'm a marathoner myself, pray for those folks in Beantown. My sister and family were there but unhurt!!

You came in via St. Andrews Sound? You are a brave and talented guy.

Brunswick is a great place to buy fuel.

Fair winds, following seas.

Mike

Sneads Ferry, NC
AIWW, New River
Mile Marker: 247.0
(910) 327-2106
newrivermarina@embarqmail.com

Diesel Price: $3.389
Comments: Price does not include tax
Gas Price: $3.969
Comments: Non ethanol, 89 Octane
Tax Rate: 7.00%
Discounts: None
Last Update: Apr 12, 2013

Brunswick, GA
AIWW, East River
Mile Marker: 680.0
(912) 265-2275
wendy@oceanpetroleum.net

Diesel Price: $3.550
Comments: Plus tax. Cash/Check. CC: 3%
Gas Price: No Report
Comments: Does not sell gas.
Tax Rate: 6.00%

Sneads Ferry, NC
AIWW, New River
Mile Marker: 247.0
(910) 327-2106
newrivermarina@embarqmail.com

Diesel Price: $3.389
Comments: Price does not include tax
Gas Price: $3.969
Comments: Non ethanol, 89 Octane
Tax Rate: 7.00%
Discounts: None

Brunswick, GA
AIWW, East River
Mile Marker: 680.0
(912) 265-2275
wendy@oceanpetroleum.net

Diesel Price: $3.550
Comments: Plus tax. Cash/Check. CC: 3%
Gas Price: No Report
Comments: Does not sell gas.
Tax Rate: 6.00%

Thanks!

Going in St Andrew Sound south side of Jekyll. Just bumped the bottom while typing this two miles offshore in the channel in current USCG charted 29' of water!! 3-4' on the beam, walled up due to the shallows on the north side of the channel:-(

Mark, hope you are safely snuggled down at anchor. You were fortunate indeed. That shoal has caught many boats. Some have been lost because it was too rough to tow off the shoal. Even in the ICW you have to go out near the shoal and cut back.

Sneads Ferry, NC is a great place for fueling, but there again I would not attempt New River Inlet without local knowledge.

Bless those in Boston. Glad your family was unharmed.

Couldn't get it to open. The spot I bumped was two miles out slightly toward the south side of the "channel"

Can't upload images at this point, but a more interesting view of it all is at

Station statistics for 913030566

The graph view shows the lost speed today Station statistics for 913030566

and I think their map views better and with more options.

Welcome to the forum!!
That has got to be the coolest first post ever! I would assume the dip on the graph is when signal was lost. The pulsation would show the pounding into waves I think. The map view is a very neat tool indeed. Good to have a techy aboard!

Mark, hope you are safely snuggled down at anchor. You were fortunate indeed. That shoal has caught many boats. Some have been lost because it was too rough to tow off the shoal. Even in the ICW you have to go out near the shoal and cut back.

Sneads Ferry, NC is a great place for fueling, but there again I would not attempt New River Inlet without local knowledge.

Bless those in Boston. Glad your family was unharmed.

Thank you!

Let us know if you'll be in/near MHC/BFT or Oriental this weekend! We'd love to catch up with you!

In the meantime, Lovin' the cruise updates!!

That would be great but unless Neptune lets me outside it aint gonna happen:nonono:

That would be great but unless Neptune lets me outside it aint gonna happen:nonono:

:) Well, if you happen to be in NC at the coast or Neuse River area on a weekend let us know! I'm sure you'll pass by during the work week and we'll miss you, but just incase!

Hi Mark -
What is the App that lets you TRANSMIT your AIS? I looked for it but I did not see where the Marine Traffic app provides that, did I miss something?

Cheers

Hi Mark -
What is the App that lets you TRANSMIT your AIS? I looked for it but I did not see where the Marine Traffic app provides that, did I miss something?

Cheers

The second app is called mAIS. It is not really AIS, other vessels with real AIS transmitters WILL NOT see you, but it is very cool and allows you to be seen on the MarineTraffic site/app....and it's free:) There are some good FAQs on both Apps that explain additional details.

-Donny

Back
Top Bottom