Old 01-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #41

City: Caye Caulker
Vessel Name: Irish Miss
Vessel Model: 36' Marine Trader, D C
RE: trip from Panama, Boca Del Toro to Guatamala, Rio Dulce

How fun to meet a friend that you never really met!
belizebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #42

City: Annapolis MD
Vessel Name: Auspicious
Vessel Model: Hallberg-Rassy 40

Great time with Perry and Chip. Chip continues to be my first choice of mate on any trip offshore.

Perry has a project to bring Island Spirit up to her potential, but the framework is there. I hope she turns out to be everything he wishes.

"Capt Dave" *grin*
Auspicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #43
Guru

City: Springdale, NL
Vessel Name: Ocean Breeze
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander 85OA38

Can't wait for the picture uploads to happen..

Elwin*
Ocean Breeze NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #44
Veteran Member

City: Bradenton, Florida
Vessel Name: Island Spirit
Vessel Model: 1976 Hatteras LRC 48'

Here is a link to my face book page with 174 pictures of trip.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4267289&type=3

friend me Perry Campbell (palmetto, Fl or perryotisspunkmeyer@yahoo.com) to find me and check out pictures. *I have tried uploading before and even after resizeing a few it took a while to upload and I never could get past photo's on. *I was able to get my avatar uploaded but gave up on other photos. *I hope this is ok and not bad edicate on a forum site.
Otisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #45
Guru

Great pictures Perry.. you gotta be proud... Looked like so much fun. Great Team you had helping you. Memories you will never forget.

Elwin*
Old 01-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #46
Guru

Admittedly I am not a facebook guy, but I have tried for over a week to get the pictures.* I even tried to claim to be my son, a facebook user,. but I get the message that the the photo's are unavailable.* Any secrets to success offered?* I know that Chip is an outstanding 'can do' guy from the help he offered me last summer when I was bringing my new to me boat up the flooding Mississippi river.* Although we never had the oportunity to meet, he provided the the inspiration that got my generator running again in the heat of a hot June.* My 84 y.o. Father really appreciated the operational again air conditioning

Are the photos available?* Or is it just a case of dumb requester?
Capn Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:18 AM   #47
Guru

That is wierd cause the link works, the pictures are all there and it isn't a facebook setting that is keeping you from viewing them. Do you at least get to the facebook page itself and then can't see the pictures? I checked though Facebook settings and never saw anything there that would keep you from viewing them unless Perry placed a block on you which I don't think is the case.

Elwin*
Old 01-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #48
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC

The FB link worked fine for me.*

Great photos of a cool adventure, Perry.* Thanks for taking us along.* I bet folks are going to be lined up to volunteer for the next leg!
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #49
Veteran Member

City: Bradenton, Florida
Vessel Name: Island Spirit
Vessel Model: 1976 Hatteras LRC 48'
trip from Panama, Boca Del Toro to Guatamala, Rio Dulce

That would be great and I would love to meet more folks from this forum. Chip was awesome and I am sure we will be friends for years to come. *I sincerely hope he will come back in June along with his wife while I am there. Chip has an OPEN invitiation to stay on the boat and use her while she is there in the Rio (anywhere else for that matter). *I hope to do another trip with him maybe to Belize or Roatan this summer. *But in two or three years when I bring boat home via Turks & Caico's and up thru the rest of the Bahama's and then over to Florida keys & up to Tampa Bay I hope Chip will be able to make it for that trip (or others from the forum). *Overall it was a great experience and boy did I learn a lot and look forward to more open Blue Water Voyages. *Unfortunately it cost it*cost a lot more to get Island Spirit to Guatemala than I had projected dam boats, and I may have to spread out the work more now to cover 2 or 3 seasons of my Cash Flow. *The wife is just not understanding about dumping $100k all at once in her. *She doesn't have our priorities quite right, my idea is Boat first then Kids then school then food on table is how I see it. *Oh yes somewhere in there is mortgage and other useless payments. *Imagine She doesn't even have boat in the TOP 10 of Priorities in our lives? *Hum, she is obviously the frugal one in our family and I am the "Spender" * * *

-- Edited by Otisguy on Wednesday 25th of January 2012 04:25:58 PM
Otisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #50
Guru

Maybe t's just me?*** here's the text I get in the error box.
<h2 class="uiHeaderTitle"><em class="uiHeaderImage img sp_7iqywk sx_fa7db8">[/i]This content is currently unavailable</h2>

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
<ul class="uiList mtm uiListBulleted"><li class="uiListVerticalItemBorder">Return home[/list]*
BTSOM
Capn Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #51

Hey it worked for me and usually nothing computer wise works for me.

Man oh Man, I would have loved to have made that trip. Looks like a blast.Larryw
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote