Tennessee River - watch for these guys!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Missed those guys this fall on the Kentucky river, but ,on the Tennessee River, did meet a similar set up with a purple Lazyboy recliner set up on the foredeck, going up stream and doing turns for 10mph.
Jon

I'll bet you that those guys are getting a lot more enjoyment out of their boat than most of us!

That's great!

Looks to me like they got it all: wood burning fireplace, coal oil lamps, pilot with one foot on a banana peel and another in the grave, and they don't give a rat's ass and have a great time. Definite fire hazard everywhere but I'd sail with 'em any day.
Mike
Baton Rouge

WaltI don't know if they get more enjoyment, but I don't doubt that they get more bang for their buck, and more stress reduction. I'd like to charter that vessel for a week.

Carey

Looks like the perfect boat to do the Inside Passage in. Great stability, the waves would just come in one end and roll on out the other. And if the cabin did wash off all you'd have to do is stop where some logging camp used to be and get an old floathouse off the beach.

Ya know, this reminds me of when I was 12 or 13.* My dad, 2 neighbors and I built a raft out of plywood and truck inner tubes, slapped it together with a little tarp to escape the summer sun and added a tiller.* Both the neighbors just had daughters, and my little brother was only 7 or 8, so was too young... so it was just the 4 of us.

We dropped this thing in the Sacramento River someplace above Sacramento (my memory escapes me exactly where) and drifted all the way down to SF Bay.* As I recall, it took us nigh on a week, since we pulled in to shore every night to camp, though we slept on the raft.

It's probably my fondest memory as a boy.

Back
Top Bottom