Tennessee River cruise & nighttime lock through

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodsong

Guru
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
Pics from yesterday on the blog- too much work to img them all here but some:

DSCF4686.JPG

DSCF4695.JPG

DSCF4732.JPG

Time to go make breakfast and coffee before our last leg (52 miles) up to our home marina! *Gorgeous sunrise today!!!

Tony, where are you.* I know you have been fighting a ripping current coming up the River.* I thought we would have heard from you by now.* Let us know you are OK before I put the Boxton Whaler in the water to look for you.

Don, Boxton Whaler? Is that a wal-mart knock off of the esteemed Boston Whaler? haha

We made it up to Island Cove last night. Super great time! FYI for other TN River folks- Chickamauga lock is messed up, at least it was yesterday when we went through! Some more pics for those that like them.....

DSCF4740.JPG

DSCF4742AA.jpg

YES...that IS a traffic safety cone being used as the outboard engine cowling!! GO VOLS!! :)
DSCF4775.JPG

We only saw one other recreational cruising boat on the river the entire time. BillyIII- I could not help but think of you when we saw her- I think you know why! :)
DSCF4806.JPG

Rains last week resulted in HUGE currents and flooded the downtown Chattanooga waterfront. Currents were very strong as well- made for slow traveling up stream!
DSCF4820.JPG

Approach to Chickamauga Lock:
DSCF4832.JPG

And home in her slip at Island Cove:
Home%2BSlip.jpg

It was a great run- 250 miles round trip. The first day up from Guntersville we did 75 miles- longest single day the boat has surely done in 15 years. I could not be more pleased with the trawler. She ran absolutely great the entire time. In fact, I am still on the original racor fuel filter that was in there when I bought her! Amazing, given how long she sat!! I could not be happier with her performance and handling. Locking through is extremely, extremely easy. Learning to have just a single screw has been easy and the handling surprisingly great.
I still have some small projects to do....the inverter, some exterior trim I need to do, a few other things, etc. but she is basically ready to go for summer and has proven herself to be reliable, sturdy, easy to handle, and just a joy to be on and own!
Let's go trawlering!!! :)

Tony, I was so distraught from not hearing from you, that I misspelled Boston Whaler.* Glad you are back safely.* Now, I can rest.

When my late wife and I would do river*cruises on our Trawler, i would usually get us away from the dock and well underway on the river.* She would take over while I showered.* Then she would either go down to shower are fix breakfast.* If the weather was nice we would eat on the fly bridge.* By leaving at the crack of dawn, our friends on the fast boats would not catch us until middle or late afternoon.* The we would pull in for the cocktail hour.* Very comfortable.* We would freshen up on the way, and be ready for the evening.* A great way to cruise.

BTW, did you catch a look at the engine cover on the Tennessee Orange house boat.* Now, tell me UT grads are not brilliant!

Back
Top Bottom