Tennessee River Cruise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HiDHo

Guru
We are planning a cruise to the land between the lakes area in June and would appreciate any information on anchorages with shore access to walk the dog, marinas, fuel prices for diesel and good restaurant's.
We cruised up the Cumberland river to mile 103, stopped at Green Turtle Bay Marina and ate at Patty's and continued on to Goose Pond marina in 2002 while on the "loop". It was late in the year so we did not have time to explore or enjoy the area.
Any local information, gps co-ordinates or mile post locators, etc would be greatly appreciated.
Bill

I am going to keep my eye on this thread. I will be coming from the Alabama part of the Tenn River and heading that way either early spring 2015 or the following year.
Have a great cruise.

We keep our boat at Paris Landing mm 66.1 We live in Paris Tn about 20 min from the boat .We will be at Green turtle bay on the boat the last week in June .Hope to see you around . There is another manatee docked at green turtle .

Bill: I envy ya! I'm still doing projects and you're out there doing what the boat was made to do. Hope to catch up with you in 2015.

Pack Mule we plan a stop at Paris Landing and will look for you. We pulled into Joe Wheeler State Park today for a couple days of relaxing in the pool and laundry chores. Next stop Florence, Tn and on to Aqua Yacht Harbor marina. We are hoping to locate another air conditioning unit for the Manatee, 16,000 btu is barely handling the high 80's temps. Hope once we turn North on the Tennessee river we will find cooler weather.
Larry hope to cross wakes with you soon, finish the projects and start the cruising and enjoy all your hard work.
Tony B we have found the Active Captain the best source and will be updating thru reviews on this trip.
Bill

HiDHo

We are also now in Joe Wheeler - slip 414.
I just got back from Mobile yesterday with my van.
If you need transportation anywhere, let me know.
As for Active captain, I have a lot of updating also. It has turned out invaluable on this trip. More importantly, I found 2 more places that are no longer accessible on the Tom BigBee. They were probably filled in on this past spring's record breaking storms and flood levels.

Good luck on cooler weather! A few years ago a friend moved to Florida I commented that it is hot in summer in Florida, he sent me a link that compared the number of 90 plus days and I was surprised to find that Knoxville, TN had more than his location. I added an additional 16K btu unit to the boat this winter. My heat and air guy says that brute force is the best way to stay cool around here.

Pack Mule we left Aqua Yacht Harbor Marina Monday after all the stormy weather blew through Mississippi. We are still heading your way, we are docked for a few days at Clifton Marina to let even more rainy weather pass, we have been cruising the river with a 42 Carver that needs a Shurflo water pump replacement. Any place North of us that you know of that might sells them. Hope to met up with you at Paris Landing State Park Marina which is definitely going to be a stop we will be making.
Bill

Last edited:
Maybe Little Eagle RV 731-642-4669 or Kentucky Lake Marine 731-642-0247 but they are both up here . I will keep looking .

Are you planning a stop at Pebble Isle ? He may have one .

Thanks Pack Mule for the underway greeting as we approached Paris Landing SP Marina. This date we have logged over 350 miles and anchored last night in Ginger Bay and are enjoying the Land between the Lakes fine marina's and anchorages. Tonight we are relaxing in a covered slip at KenLake Marina thanks to Barbara and her great crew at the marina. Final destination for the cruise is Green Turtle Marina then underway upstream back home to Goose Pond Marina.

Thanks for the tour on HiDHo. That's was my first on A Manatee.Great to see you on the water . We are also heading to Green Turtle next Wed maybe we will see you there . I know you were hoping for cooler weather .Maybe it will cool off a little for the weekend . Hope to see you again before you head home .

We are headed back home to our home marina in Scottsboro, Al. at Goose Pond Marina. The Kentucky Lake area is well worth making a cruising destination. Many excellent bay's for anchoring, and excellent marina's. We played the Tennessee State park Golf course at Paris Landing and Pickwick which are excellent with park rangers ready to transport you to the course from the marina. Best cruising information is still Active Captain and GPS. Weather turned out not to be a problem for our one 16,000 btu air conditioner as the afternoon rains cooled the boat most days but have plans to add another a/c unit soon. A surprise was crossing wakes with the Hazel Ann one of the few Manatee's we have encountered cruising the Tennessee river.

Back
Top Bottom