Southbound on the Mississippi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thoughts on the Lower Mississippi

There should be 2 Word documents attached to this post.

I keep trying to attach files but senility is preventing me from succeeding.

Attachments

• Thoughts on Lower Mississippi.doc
    41 KB · Views: 91
  • Lower Mississippi Anchorages.doc
    52 KB · Views: 58
:DHave enjoyed the blog but just so you know we have always had climate change(just got to that comment). It's chilly and raining in SC right now. A few months ago it was fairly warm. The only other thing about the blog is the last post appears first and I like to start reading again where I left off. But overall what an amazing trip and kudos for documenting it! Now go make some more greenhouse gasses so we can continue reading. I only wish I could do this. It takes time, guts, and an ambitious wanderlust

Last edited:
Very interesting I want to do that trip in my 1978 Mainship 34 hull #95. It is totally original including the original automotive bulbs in the navigation lights and still original fabric on the couch. BUT a Volvo engine.

What is your hull #?

I'd like to read this blog from the beginning - anyone know how to get directly to the first post?

From memory 174. 1978 also, Cummins BTA.

Not the original Perkins either. How do you like the Cummins?

We need to compare boats one day. Does yours have the couch on Starboard or Port?

Found the answer to my question - how to read the blog from the beginning

add this string to the url: /?orderby=ID&order=ASC

(Don't know if the info should be posted to a different forum)

I went back and looked at your blog, using the info from the previous poster, and see that the couch on your boat is on the Port side. Mine is the only one I have seen with it on the Starboard side. It must have been moved. Probably to correct the Port list which is still NOT corrected. Even with the port tank empty it still lists to port.

Where are you now in your trip?

In reading your blog, I never saw what the problem was with the engine. You say it was "repaired", but not what the problem was.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom