Sitting here at Marleys cafe, Essex Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roguewave

Guru
Vessel Name
bout’ time
Vessel Make
Grady White 282 Sailfish
I really like Essex, staying at The Griswold hotel. On our way to Portland to hang out on the boat for a month... Or so.

We too have come to like Essex a lot and found Marley's a few weeks ago.

This spring as part of our retirement transition north, we moved our boat to a mooring at Brewer Marina in Essex. We just got home from an overnight at Hamburg Cove which is a pretty place to hang out for a night, but a bit crowded on weekends.

Enjoy Essex, Marley's and the Gris.

David

Ready to order fish-and-chips and beer at Sam's Anchor Café in Tiburon:

Last edited:
I think Mark is TF's version of the Truman Show. How that relates to Essex CT is beyond beyond me, that's for sure.

Anyway we love Essex too, but Hamburg Cove across the way in particular. Always stopped there for a few days. Took the Whaler over to Essex a few times, but usually just chilled out, on the east side of the CT river.

Just had dinner at the Black Seal in Essex, casual dining but good food.

David, I can certainly understand why you ended up at Brewers :thumb: sorry we missed you. We will be coming to Essex again and hopefully get to meet up.

Mark, your in my home area, born in Berkley and grew up in the Bay Area. Been gone for many years but very fond memories of the whole area.

Robert

George, I can't wait to get the boat down this way and explore. Must get familiar wth the boat up in Portland first.

Robert

Mark, your in my home area, born in Berkley and grew up in the Bay Area. Been gone for many years but very fond memories of the whole area. ...

During the mid '60s, my father would sail to Sam's from Richmond to Tiburon on his 28-foot sloop. He always ordered an abalone sandwich (no longer on the menu), and I a hamburger.

Back
Top Bottom