Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #21
Master and Commander
 
markpierce's Avatar
 
City: Vallejo CA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: 2011 Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPseudonym View Post
Sorry Don. We have a law on the books in California that precludes the use of boats while wearing a sweater.

As Marin can also attest, California boats do not have heaters either. Another obscure law we have on the books that's strictly enforced.
Craig, you need to get out of the Delta sometime. ... Hey! Weren't you complaining recently of the cold, blustery weather in your home waters!
__________________
Advertisement

__________________
Kar-KEEN-ez Koot
markpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:55 PM   #22
Guru
 
City: Hotel, CA
Country: Fried
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpierce View Post
Craig, you need to get out of the Delta sometime. ...
I can not, or will not until upgrading my tow policy. The edge of the earth is currently Pittsburg. I thought about upgrading but noticed its so windy in the Bay that some folks even have sail assisted tugs.
__________________

__________________
Craig

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:33 PM   #23
Guru
 
Moonfish's Avatar


 
City: Port Townsend, WA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Traveler
Vessel Model: Cheoy Lee 46 LRC
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
Very nice. However I have it on good authority that most of the footage was shot on the South Island of New Zealand. So people shouldn't come here expecting to see this sort of thing as it doesn't really exist here.
LOL! I would love to do more cruising in New Zealand, and see the South Island in particular.

Thank you windmist for posting, and Nsail for the credit. We are looking forward to getting back to some of those spots again...
__________________
Darren
Port Townsend, WA
m/v Traveler - '79 Cheoy Lee 46 LRC
http://www.pacificnwboater.com
Moonfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:59 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
jukesy's Avatar
 
City: Victoria BC
Vessel Name: LUCKY US
Vessel Model: American Tug
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 268
Awesome video! Well done. Not sure why the doubt about its location. These are definitely the San Juan's. I recognize these places.
jukesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #25
TF Site Team
 
FlyWright's Avatar
 
City: California Delta and SF Bay
Country: Sacramento, CA, USA (boat in Vallejo)
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 10,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukesy View Post
Awesome video! Well done. Not sure why the doubt about its location. These are definitely the San Juan's. I recognize these places.
Rule #1 in How to Learn from the Internet:

1. Consider the source.
__________________
Al

Custom Google Trawler Forum Search
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:14 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
jukesy's Avatar
 
City: Victoria BC
Vessel Name: LUCKY US
Vessel Model: American Tug
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 268
Really!!! GFY
jukesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:32 PM   #27
Guru
 
Giggitoni's Avatar
 
City: Vallejo, California
Country: United States
Vessel Name: Mahalo Moi
Vessel Model: 1986 Grand Banks 42 Classic
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstruck View Post

. . . . ., and aside from that it would be a shame to waste all that money spent in the tanning beds by coveingr your thongs.
I never cover my thong...never!
__________________
Ray
"Mahalo Moi"
1986 GB-42 Classic
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
Giggitoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #28
Master and Commander
 
markpierce's Avatar
 
City: Vallejo CA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: 2011 Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPseudonym View Post
I can not, or will not until upgrading my tow policy. The edge of the earth is currently Pittsburg. I thought about upgrading but noticed its so windy in the Bay that some folks even have sail assisted tugs.
Thought the usual policy covered out to Half Moon Bay, Drake's Bay, and the Farallon Islands in the Pacific Ocean. Leastwise, mine does/did. ... Haven't been further eastward than Pittsburg since the 1980s. Late-April trip to Stockton for the asparagus festival should correct that.
__________________
Kar-KEEN-ez Koot
markpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:12 PM   #29
Guru
 
City: Hotel, CA
Country: Fried
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpierce View Post

Thought the usual policy covered out to Half Moon Bay, Drake's Bay, and the Farallon Islands in the Pacific Ocean. Leastwise, mine does/did.
Inland stops at Pittsburg.

Darren your video is awesome!
__________________
Craig

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:22 PM   #30
Master and Commander
 
markpierce's Avatar
 
City: Vallejo CA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: 2011 Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPseudonym View Post
Inland stops [as far westward] at Pittsburg.
Golly. That's at least 40 miles too far inland of the west coast, keeping you from the Suisun, San Pablo, and San Francisco Bays, as well as the Carquinez Strait! ... Won't you ever travel to Angel Island (pictured here) or Sam's Cafe in Tiburon, let alone the Napa and Petaluma Rivers? Think what you can be missing!

__________________
Kar-KEEN-ez Koot
markpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #31
Veteran Member
 
VikingBay's Avatar
 
City: Marysville, WA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Nehalennia
Vessel Model: SeaRay 260DA "Sundancer"
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonfish View Post
LOL! I would love to do more cruising in New Zealand, and see the South Island in particular.

Thank you windmist for posting, and Nsail for the credit. We are looking forward to getting back to some of those spots again...
Nicely done. Thanks for sharing.
__________________
Skål
Todd
....aboard "Nehalennia"
www.vikingbay.co
VikingBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #32
Guru
 
Alaskan Sea-Duction's Avatar
 
City: Inside Passage Summer/Columbia River Winter
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Model: 1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWright View Post
I'm with you, Craig. Let's form a Californian armada and take over the joint with our big bucks, loud stereos, 24/7 gensets and our steroid-enhanced men and silicone-enhanced young nubiles shakin' it to rap crap! That's what's missing in this video! Bring it on!!

(Nice video BTW, Darren!)
I thought the Californians already did that a few years ago by taking ver Seattle!!!
__________________
1988 M/Y Camargue Yacht Fisher
Alaskan Sea-Duction
MMSI: 338131469
Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/
Alaskan Sea-Duction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #33
Scraping Paint
 
City: -
Country: -
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 13,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Sea-Duction View Post
I thought the Californians already did that a few years ago by taking ver Seattle!!!
Yes, but they're pretty much all gone now. The incessant rain and gloom has sent them slinking back south with their tails between their legs. That and the locals being able to recognize them miles off and raising house, food, fuel, etc prices to sky-high prices "just for them" made the place miserable and unaffordable. The fact that native tribe members took to dressing in Speedos and bikinis and burning palm trees on their lawns didn't help matters any, either.

From what I've read in the news it seems the California transplants decided the lesser of two evils was to go back and live in a broke, sunny state that loves them than in a broke, rainy state that hates them.

So as I understand it, the "Caifornication" of Seattle is now just a footnote in the city's history. Even Boeing greatly thinned its ranks of Californians by sending them off to South Carolina.
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #34
Guru
 
Alaskan Sea-Duction's Avatar
 
City: Inside Passage Summer/Columbia River Winter
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Model: 1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
Yes, but they're pretty much all gone now. The incessant rain and gloom has sent them slinking back south with their tails between their legs. That and the locals being able to recognize them miles off and raising house, food, fuel, etc prices to sky-high prices "just for them" made the place miserable and unaffordable. The fact that native tribe members took to dressing in Speedos and bikinis and burning palm trees on their lawns didn't help matters any, either.

From what I've read in the news it seems the California transplants decided the lesser of two evils was to go back and live in a broke, sunny state that loves them than in a broke, rainy state that hates them.

So as I understand it, the "Caifornication" of Seattle is now just a footnote in the city's history. Even Boeing greatly thinned its ranks of Californians by sending them off to South Carolina.
Great! Well you know Anchorage is just a suburb of Seattle and we were a little worried in Alaska that we would have to erect a Hollywood North sign.
__________________
1988 M/Y Camargue Yacht Fisher
Alaskan Sea-Duction
MMSI: 338131469
Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/
Alaskan Sea-Duction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Nsail's Avatar
 
City: Benicia CA
Country: USA
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukesy View Post
Really!!! GFY

GFY - a little harsh, but funny. And sometimes appropriate on this forum.

And fyi - the joke (actually maybe not a joke to the PNW'ers) is that these images can't possibly be from the PNW as it's always raining with high winds, and generally miserable. Therefore, nobody (especially Californians) should ever think about wanting to go there.
Nsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #36
Guru
 
City: Hotel, CA
Country: Fried
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8,328
So it's a joke... Hmmmm



Hey Al, the invasion is back on!!!
__________________
Craig

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
jukesy's Avatar
 
City: Victoria BC
Vessel Name: LUCKY US
Vessel Model: American Tug
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 268
Well said Nsail...
__________________

jukesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012