Rio Dulce, Guatemala

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BB have you had the opportunity to do any touristy stuff? If you are into historical things (I mean REALLY old) you might enjoy a trip up to Tikal. We even saw lots of neat wildlife that we don't have here in the USofA. Like irridessant (sp) Turkeys, Coatis, wild monkeys, etc. *The scale of the ruins is hard to convey but there are people on the upper sections of the one in the picture as well as on the ground.

<a target="_self">
img_78741_0_535e9e300a9ad6ba77db5b3aae69e7e8.jpg
</a>

<a target="_self">
img_78741_1_9463294950bdff3b851ac6166816f24a.jpg
</a>

-- Edited by twiisted71 on Saturday 10th of March 2012 07:06:38 AM

Yes I have , travelled Guat quite a bit, Theres nothing like Tikal, its truly awsome. Ive camped there and you would not believe the wild life that comes out at night, You cant tell if its a howler monky or a big cat two feet away in the jungle. Antigua is another place not to be missed, burned the soles of my boots off on top of the volcano ( got a little to close to the lava) BB

belizebill wrote:
*Antigua is another place not to be missed, burned the soles of my boots off on top of the volcano ( got a little to close to the lava) BB
*We didn't have time to go up to the volcano when we were in Antigua. *I would really like to go back and do an immersion Spanish language class there though. *The fort that is a little farther up river from where you are now was neat as well I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, but I do remember laughing at the lack of any type of railings or safety hoopla and you could clamber all over the place! *No way that would fly back here.

We took horses up as far as they could go and hoofed the last couple miles, It erupted 2 weeks later and killed folks. The fort is El Castile,the old locals thought it looked like a castle. Im back home in Belize now. BB

Bill are you living in Belize? If so where. A few yrs ago when the housing market seemed to be rocketing away from my wife and I too fast for us to buy anywhere in the US that we wanted to live we had done a ton of research on moving down and had pretty much zeroed in on Placentia but were going to give as much of the country a looks-see as a couple of months would have allowed. we had bought a Jeep, clothes, passports, and were checking out what shots were recommended when I had a shoulder injury that put our plans on hold and in the interim the market crashed and we were able to take advantage and bought a place in SW Fl. But we still haven't completely written it or Panama off later in life.

Yes, I live on Caye Caulker,second island south of the border to Mexico. They have paved the entire road on the Placencia peninsula and condos and resorts have gone up most of the length, making land prices go way up. Same for the North of Ambergris( San Pedro) North of us. They have just run electricity to the North of Caye Caulker, (above the split) and its going to happen there too.* My Wife bought this property on the beach in 1981,She paid the outlandish price of $5K US. I'm from Sarasota, you near there? BB

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom