Rio Dulce, Guatemala

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

belizebill

Vessel Name
Irish Miss
Vessel Make
36' Marine Trader, D C
I know its only Sept. ,but I am preparing to go to the Rio Dulce on Dec. 2 and spend a month up the river. Got reservations at marinas and going to haul the ole girl out and paint her pretty side. (Willy, Im with you , I snorkle around my boat just to look at her fanny,Its the prettiest part) Anyway, anybody been up the Rio ? Ive been there by Launcha, but never in my own boat. It should take three days, from here in Belize, anchoring at night.Or a lifetime if you stop at all the little Cayes along the way,ie, catch lobster,fish, lay around, change fuel filters,why isnt the inverter working, yes Dear ,IT does smell like diesel in here. Gonna have to put a breathalizer on my computer. BB

Bill, We cruised through Belize and went into the River for 5 months. It is all posted on our Sea Trek site under the Cruising category. Two options to haul out. One is Abel's, he has a railway, was suppose to add a travel lift, and the other is Ram Marine in Shell Bay. He has a nice travel lift and a paved lot. We did a posting on hauling and painting the bottom. We went to Placencia and then to Livingston. Try to get to Livingston in the morning, don't spend the night there. Check in and go up the River to the marina District at Fronteras, an easy day. Chuck

Back
Top Bottom