Old 02-15-2019, 07:28 PM   #1
Guru

City: Savannah, Ga.
Vessel Name: Indigo Star
Vessel Model: 2006 Mainship 400
Requesting to Crew on a Mainship 400 –Florida to South Carolina-

Hello,

So my wife and I have pretty much decided we would like to buy a 2003 or newer Mainship 400 with a single diesel engine. We both thought we would be getting another sailboat after we sold ours last November, (around a 40 center cockpit), but I think we have decided to skip that part entirely and just jump straight to the trawler..!!!!

We definitely want to bareboat one for a few days to experience how it would be as far as living space etc,..trouble is, a Mainship 400 bareboat is not that easy to find, there are a few out there but I have not been able to get our schedules to line up, she being a teacher still, she does not have much time off…except for the summers..

So my plan “B” is to reach out to Mainship owners to offer my services as a crew member to help the captain out for a couple of days maybe as they are heading north up through Florida, Ga or South Carolina ICW..

About me -I live here in Savannah Ga, I am an Avionics/Electrical Engineer here at Gulfstream Aerospace (21 years), have crewed on large motoryachts and a 44 foot sailboat from the east coast US to the BVI’s (1500 miles) and various other offshore trips such as Bahamas etc… many miles on the ICW as well, (even the Georgia ICW argggg). Non smoker, 54 years old, empty nester, knowledgeable in marine electronics, (AIS, SSB etc) diesel engines, docking and anchoring, USCG rules and aspects of vessel traffic safety…

I am looking for someone with a Maniship 400 that may be moving north that I can help out on, and gain so hands on time at the same time…if you are heading north, maybe after the trawler fest, I would be grateful if I could help out for a day or so as I take watch for a few hours or even be the guy who makes the ham sandwiches!!!

Thanks very much…
jefndeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:43 AM   #2
Guru

City: Fort Myers - FL
Vessel Name: ORIGINAL
Vessel Model: Hi Star 55
Requesting to Crew on a Mainship 400 –Florida to South Carolina-

I just arrived in Key Biscayne from St Maarten (almost 1,600nm) and I intend to come home (Ft Myers), next week.
If you want to come, you are welcome [emoji6]
Alemao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:21 AM   #3
Guru

City: Savannah, Ga.
Vessel Name: Indigo Star
Vessel Model: 2006 Mainship 400
I wish I could,. Thanks for the offer..you have a mainship 400?