Provisions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KJ

El Capitan
Vessel Name
Avalon
Vessel Make
Chung Hwa 46 LRC
Looking for info on any marinas in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area that has easy access to a nearby food market. Prefer not to have to take a taxi. KJ

Not sure what you consider "easy access", but the Loggerhead in Hollywood is walking distance to both a WalMart and a Winn Dixie. At least we used to walk over to them from there on a regular basis. Bunch of other shopping there on Hallandale Beach Blvd. There is a good friendly cadre of seasonal boaters there, many of whom have cars, so getting a ride to shopping is easy if you ask around the club house. Very nice facility in an upscale gated community. Take a look at one of the mapping web sites and see if that'll do for you.

Thanks for the info. KJ

KJ, if you stop at the Vero Beach Muncipal Marina, take a mooring (about $14) or a slip. It will give you access to the dinghy dock. showers, and a free shuttle bus to a Publix market and West Marine. A very good deal. Very cruiser friendly.

At Coconut Grove's Dinner Key Marina they have slips and moorings. There is a Fresh Market next door. Good store, but a little pricey.

Last edited:
Sounds like a pretty good option.
Thanks. KJ

Looking for info on any marinas in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area that has easy access to a nearby food market. Prefer not to have to take a taxi. KJ

So what is wrong with a taxi. We would much rather take a taxi than having to walk. Many marinas have a bus/transeit stops.

So what is wrong with a taxi. We would much rather take a taxi than having to walk. Many marinas have a bus/transeit stops.

I had a very traumatic experience with a taxi as a child. I’ve always tried to avoid them since then. Thanks for the advice anyway. KJ 4/1/13

Perhaps not Relevant

If you stop in Palm Coast FL (ICW MM 803) you can raft to the little DeFever and I'll drive you anywhere you need to go. Only 20 amps on the dock though.

Cruisers helping cruisers.

Mike

Thank you in advance for your generous offer. KJ

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom