Off We GO!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ActiveCaptain deleted a negative review?

-Chris

Wasn't even a bad review, it was just a phrase added in the "services" tab for the marina listing under "Head." Seymour's Boatyard in Northport, NY. It's a bare bones marina so there are no showers or anything, which is perfectly fine of course, but their bathroom is very odd -- you walk up the hill from the marina and the (one, unisex) bathroom is in the basement of a Victorian house. You go down old-fashioned slanted exterior basement stairs, then hit a circuit-breaker thing just outside the bathroom to turn on the light. The toilet is below grade so it's mounted on one of those basement pump boxes and the ceiling is about 6+ feet high. I've been to more marina bathrooms than I can count, but that one was just plain weird, felt like the Bates Motel, sorry Seymours Boat Yard. And I'm not a fussy snob either. So in the "Services" tab I edited the "Head" box to say "Bathroom is in the basement of a Victorian house up the hill behind the marina." The edit was there a few hours, then somebody deleted it. Maybe ActiveCaptain thought it was a joke, but it's completely factually true.

So if you're cruising and decide to stay put for a month the marina calls that a livaboard? Seems to me that's just an extended stay, thank you for the business.

This particular marina states in their rules "if you stay on your boat more than 7 days, you can be evicted".

This particular marina states in their rules "if you stay on your boat more than 7 days, you can be evicted".

This sounds like a grade A Establishment, note to self...unless towed in under duress don't stop here

Wasn't even a bad review, it was just a phrase added in the "services" tab for the marina listing under "Head." ...

And I'm not a fussy snob either. So in the "Services" tab I edited the "Head" box to say "Bathroom is in the basement of a Victorian house up the hill behind the marina." The edit was there a few hours, then somebody deleted it. Maybe ActiveCaptain thought it was a joke, but it's completely factually true.

Ah. Maybe if it had been in the review section, it might have stayed...

-Chris

Ah. Maybe if it had been in the review section, it might have stayed...

-Chris

That was my thought too. Having not read exactly what was posted, when mentioned here it sounded more like review than content. I'm sure AC does have some internal guidelines on posts in the other sections while granting reviews far more leeway.

Back
Top Bottom