The neighborhood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonstruck

Guru
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Well, finally it looks like we are going to be released to go cruising.* Lou had spine surgery, but seems to be doing very well with it.* We think that we will be able to go cruising after the 21st.* Just taking care of some chores then some serious time one the hook.* We're not going to try and cover too much distance on this one.* Maybe a couple of nights in the Boca Grande Lagoon, a couple or 3 nights at Pelican Bay, and if the wind is right a night or two behind Useppa Island.* We are looking forward to it.

Also, thought this picture of the Neighborhood would show where Tony and I will be spending some time when home.

-- Edited by Moonstruck on Wednesday 9th of February 2011 04:22:52 PM

Attachments

• walnut hill neighborhood.gif
    walnut hill neighborhood.gif
    32.1 KB · Views: 62
  • walnut hill river.gif
    walnut hill river.gif
    31.7 KB · Views: 63
  • walnut hill museum.gif
    walnut hill museum.gif
    28.1 KB · Views: 63
  • walnut st bridge.gif
    walnut st bridge.gif
    36 KB · Views: 60
Don- glad to hear you are going cruising! Drop the keys to your blackfin off before you go and I will make sure her diesel fuel does not go old! ;) hahaha

Of course you'll have to post pics of your travels on Moonstruck. Weather is looking good this weekend and thus far we are still a "go" for heading down to Guntersville- plan to leave Saturday early a.m. I was hoping I could leave Friday evening and tie off in downtown on the waterfront Friday night but I have to preview a few boats that want to list up @ I.C. so that will delay me too late to go down the lock (no way I'm doing my first lock on the Monk in the dark at night!). you can come wave hi to us from the bridge or waterfront as we pass by Saturday a.m. if you want and if you take pics you'd have to email or post them here so I can get some good pics of her underway.

thumbsup.gif

Nice!* Have a great time, I hope you'll post about it.

Don, Have you anchored at the Boca Grande lagoon before? if so what/where do you recommend? We'll probably be in that area early in April.
Pelican Bay is a favorite of ours and weather, time permitting we'll be trying Useppa for the first time.
Steve W.

Steve wrote:

Don, Have you anchored at the Boca Grande lagoon before? if so what/where do you recommend? We'll probably be in that area early in April.
Pelican Bay is a favorite of ours and weather, time permitting we'll be trying Useppa for the first time.
Steve W.
Steve, go in the south end of the Boca Grande channel.* When you get to Green*Marker 7 give it room.* If you are going to Boca Grande Marina get near the sea wall turning to port.* There is a big shoal around the marker.* Going into the lagoon stay near the seawall on your port until getting around the bend.* You will go by some storm damaged boats then see the county dock on your port.**Somewhere near there drop your anchor and back in toward the mangroves on the east side.* use your dinghy to take a stern anchor in or tie to the mangroves.

You have to be careful tying up at the county dock.* It is used for charter pickups.* Usually you can get*away with tying the dinghy to the very north end.* It is about a 2 block walk to the village center.* Very protected.**April should bef a great time.

Useppa is private and owners and guest only.* We have stayed there once.* There is a good anchorage on the east side in about 7 ft of water.* It is open to east and south winds..

*It is a great place to cruise.* We love it.* The picture of Lou in our photo section is anchored in Pelican Bay.* We will try to post pictures of the trip.* They will also be in our blog.

Woodsong wrote:

Don- glad to hear you are going cruising! Drop the keys to your blackfin off before you go and I will make sure her diesel fuel does not go old! ;) hahaha

Of course you'll have to post pics of your travels on Moonstruck. Weather is looking good this weekend and thus far we are still a "go" for heading down to Guntersville- plan to leave Saturday early a.m. I was hoping I could leave Friday evening and tie off in downtown on the waterfront Friday night but I have to preview a few boats that want to list up @ I.C. so that will delay me too late to go down the lock (no way I'm doing my first lock on the Monk in the dark at night!). you can come wave hi to us from the bridge or waterfront as we pass by Saturday a.m. if you want and if you take pics you'd have to email or post them here so I can get some good pics of her underway.
Tony, give me a call when you are in or through the lock.* I walk a block over to the water front.* My camera doesn't have a telephoto lens, but should be able to get a picture of you coming under the Walnut St. Bridge or at the waterfront-----your choice.

Too late to keep the fuel in the Blackfin from getting old.* One of the spring chores will be to get the tanks cleaned.* It is winterized and sleeping right now.

This is one of my neighbors, the Delta Queen.* She is the largest river boat, and is berthed more or less permanently a block from my house.

Attachments

• delta queeen 001.jpg
    delta queeen 001.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 65
  • delta queeen 002.jpg
    delta queeen 002.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 65

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom