Miami Boat Show Feb.14-18 get together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still haven't figured out a good place to meet. I'm thinking we should meet on Saturday because I think most of us will be at the convention center on Saturday.
Time? 1PM?
Where? In the convention center? Short walk from the convention center?
I'm open to suggestions.

I still haven't figured out a good place to meet. I'm thinking we should meet on Saturday because I think most of us will be at the convention center on Saturday.
Time? 1PM?
Where? In the convention center? Short walk from the convention center?
I'm open to suggestions.

I've had some decent food at the Broker's show on Collin's Ave and last year ate a lunch at Sea Isle that wasn't too bad. We typically go over to Bayside or Lincoln Ave depending on the day and crowd level.

Here's a spot on Lincoln that's a couple of blocks away from the convention center and great for people watching.

Nexxt Cafe | Lincoln Road | South Beach

Saturday crowds may be a factor.

Chip that looks like a great place. It's too bad for me that I will have to be working during the show. Skipping the Ft. Lauderdale Show thinking I would be going to the Miami Show was a bad idea. So, while you guys are enjoying the sunshine and life in South Florida I will be slaving in Chattanooga and Nashville.:banghead:

The show is spread out. Which part? There are a number of transportation options from the airport.
Short answer...not far.

The show is spread out. Which part? There are a number of transportation options from the airport.
Short answer...not far.

We want to see all of the brokerage boats so we can take a look at different models, specifically trawlers. Where are they located? Thanks.

They are at the Collins Ave section north of the convention center in Miami Beach. There are free shuttles that run for the convention center up there every few minutes. The shuttle service is great and the only way to get around imo.
Where are you staying?

They are at the Collins Ave section north of the convention center in Miami Beach. There are free shuttles that run for the convention center up there every few minutes. The shuttle service is great and the only way to get around imo.
Where are you staying?

Either at the airport or coconut grove. Will make reservations in the morning.

I will have guests staying overnight during the show, so I may drag them along, wherever it is we would meet. Lincoln Rd. is convenient to the convention parking area, but as noted, the weekends are pretty populous over there. Ultimately, it would be better not to have to leave the convention center and go park somewhere else, assuming that most of us would be spending time there on the same days. I'll be dropping in to view the trawler section and Bayside (sail only) area, cuz the place is not as packed.

The Convention Center is about 12 miles from the airport. The normal non-rush hour drive time is 15 to 20 minutes. It can be up to an hour during the show. I like to come into the Convention Center area from the North by taking SR112 east from the airport.

The Park and Ride will be located at the new Marlins Stadium on the site of the old Orange Bowl.

My store is just two minutes East of the airport if anyone needs local help such as directions or use the bathroom! My guys will also welcome you with a Cuban coffee if you stop in.

Right now my thinking is that we meet Saturday afternoon at the Convention Center.
There is a food tent on the West side of the Convention Center where we might find a table if we don't go at a busy time.

If we manage to meet, don't forget to use the Trawler Forum Secret Handshake. We don't want no outsiders or worse yet, sailboaters sneaking in.:hide:

Either at the airport or coconut grove. Will make reservations in the morning.

I am staying out by the airport and taking the train / bus down to the convention center. The cost is $5 for a day pass.

I bummed that we're not going to make it. Last minute meeting on a beachside build we just started. The owners wants to review all the specs on Saturday.

Well, looks like I'm not going to make it this year....left knee is shot, have to have surgery and the Admiral says she won't pull me around in a wagon....

JAT, Sorry to hear about your knee. The strippers I've arranged for will miss you.

JAT, Sorry to hear about your knee. The strippers I've arranged for will miss you.

:facepalm:Just my luck!! Actually, as soon as one is good enough to walk on they are going to do the other.... Looks like I'm going "bionic"..:socool:

I won't get to the show until Monday, hope some people and boats are still there.:angel:

If we manage to meet, don't forget to use the Trawler Forum Secret Handshake. We don't want no outsiders or worse yet, sailboaters sneaking in.:hide:

It's been so long, I forgot. Just remind me how to do the Secret Trawler Forum Shake... :)

Well, so far we have HopCar, Alegria, Healhustler, Anode, Afton, Moonstruck, Yachtbrokerguy and ActiveCaptain as certain attendees, and CaptainChuck docked over at my place but not attending the show. Afton is booked beyond making any opportunity, Hopcar and Healhustler will be dropping in on Anode on Thursday over at Miami Beach Marina, and I don't know of any other opportunities. The show is too big and spread out to be convenient to any groups schedules. We may be able to arrange a BBQ or something, but would need transportation.

I saw this Pilgrim 40 on its way through the Okacchobee waterway (St. Lucie river) last week and swore it must be Afton, but he says no.

Attachments

• Pilgrim 40.jpg
    Pilgrim 40.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 76
Sorry, but Moonstruck won't make it. I have to be in Nashville on business.

Saucy you know I can't tell you the secret handshake, you are a blow boater.
Oh all right, just don't tell any other sailors. Here are the directions:

You put your right hand in,
You put your right hand out,
You put your right hand in,
And you shake it all about,

Don, as I recall you started this meeting thing. You know airplanes fly from Nashville to Miami in about two hours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom