March down the icw

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gabe n Em

Guru
Vessel Name
Volans
Vessel Make
2001 PDQ MV 32
We're leaving kent island, MD tomorrow after initially planning our departure for this past Tuesday. The weather gods decided to send us a cold front instead.

It's terrible to sit here, ready to go, and wait. ... the logical part of me says it's better than the alternative of dragging anchor last night or getting the snot beat out of us today:rolleyes:

I heard somewhere it's bad luck to enter your destination port into the log (yes, I used to be a rag hauling blow boater) so I will just tell you that we are headed towards the state with the peaches.

For boat info, check out the blog: Trawlerhome.blogspot.com:thumb:

Enjoy your trip! I was about 6 weeks ahead of you. You will see a significant change in water temperature by the time you reach Norfolk.

Ted

.........I heard somewhere it's bad luck to enter your destination port into the log (yes, I used to be a rag hauling blow boater) so I will just tell you that we are headed towards the state with the peaches.

There's an old guy from England who has been coming to the USA, buying a boat on eBay and traveling down the east coast each year and putting videos on youtube. I don't remember his name, but somehow he ended up at my marina for a month or two (strange because it's an out of the way place, mostly dry stack).

When he left, I asked him where he was going. He said pretty much what you posted, "I'm heading for New Orleans". He added "I say "heading for" so I won't be wrong if I don't make it."

He has documented the whole trip op You Tube. Goes by the name of smacksman1. Now trying to sell his boat in New Orleans, failing that taking her to FL for quick sale.

Interesting trip

:)

That first shot was at my marina, as were the shots of the forklift and blocking.

Last edited:
Cool stuff, thanks for the videos Dutchman.

OC, I read your posts with great interest knowing I was doing the same shortly after you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom