Old 10-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #41
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
RE: A long way home

superdiver,
I was wondering about you*** ...who you were and where you are.
I lived in Arlington Wa for over 20 years, kept my boats frequently in Everett. We bought the Willard in Edmonds and refit her over 2 summers*** ...1st in LaConner and then in Everett. We moved to Thorne Bay in 06 and felt we needed the refit for Alaskan waters. Plan on spending some time in northern SE next summer*** most all of it. Is that your boat in the avitar?
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:30 AM   #42
Veteran Member

A long way home

Eric:

Nice to see this thread kicked up to the top.

I have blocked out April to September 2011 (Old_Timer's edit)*for another run to SEA.* There are some places I haven't seen yet, and a few spots I would like to see again.

I laughed (or grinned loudly)*at your suggestion to the readers to take their time on a trip from the Lower 48 to SEA, recommending 20 days for the Seattle-Ketchikan*run.* I have allowed 6 weeks in each direction, but then I don't have a Willard, and I'm stuck with my 30 knot Commander.
I hope to see you in Thorne Bay this summer if it's convenient for you.* I will likely make several passes between Ketchikan and Petersburg, northbound, and Kake, Port Protection, or Craig, southbound.

Hope to see you then.

OS

-- Edited by Old_Salt on Thursday 28th of October 2010 02:16:31 PM
Old_Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #43
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'

"There are some places I haven't seen yet,"
NO....I'd a never thunk.
Well I'm glad you've not been everywhere as that may be motivation to come back.
"I have blocked out April to September 2010 for another run to SEA."
I see your post is from 2 hrs ago so I'm confused. Sounds like your'e coming back next year. I may come down and do some boat shoping before that.
As always I'm really glad to hear from you.
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Eric:

""I have blocked out April to September 2010 for another run to SEA."
I see your post is from 2 hrs ago so I'm confused. Sounds like your'e coming back next year"

Yeah, well, I got the month's right!* Waddya' expect from somebody my age?

I will be going solo next year, so there will be no outside controls on how much Scotch and Beer we consume when we meet up to tell the lies about what great skippies we are.

I don't expect your trip down here will include a visit to Canader, eh?

Old_Senility closing in quicker than I want.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #45
Veteran Member

Superdiver:

you said, "I am in Kethcikan, and keep my boat at Air Marine.*"

You would be in Refuge Cove, a little north of town, IIRC.* I met a nice couple in "Formula Won", at Nagasay Cove in the Maurelles, NW of Craig, when I was in Southeast a couple of years ago.* They kept their boat at Air Marine, I believe.

Do you know Jim and Ethel Connors, and/or "Formula One", and do you know if they are still in Refuge Cove?

OS
Old 10-17-2016, 12:04 PM   #46
Guru

City: .
Eric,

Following your last PM I have actually read carefully the first "A long Way Home", where your memories are put together to make a fun story to read, of a great journey in a peaceful place (even if sea and wind were not always peaceful).

In France we have a nice saying :"Adventure is a great communicator, it all began with the vision of one man". You are living proof of that idea. Many thanks for sharing this, for the opportunity to discover and to dream.

Pilou
Yahoo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote