Little Loop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you don't feel comfortable wait it out don't leave the dock or anchorage.
Bill

To a point, but then again, I'll admit I don't feel comfortable in fog, although I have been in it countless times.
I also feel that this lack of comfort also heightens my awareness and makes me more cautious. Which is a good thing.
But I don't think I'll ever feel totally comfortable.
I be a fair weather boater, and proud to admit it!:dance:

To go to Newfoundland we would need to contact the insurance company within 72 hours or leaving for Newfoundland and they would study the weather forecast. In addition any authorization resulting would be limited to the southern end of Newfoundland.

While we were in Nova Scotia late in August a Nordhavn 62 was interested and planning to go to Newfoundland. Many locals and finally the Canadian Coast guard pleaded with them not to go at that time of year, the weather was too unpredictable. Don't know what happened, we left to go to Maine as the weather was closing in. Spent 48 hours in pea soup and didn't see the sun for a few days and we were in Bar Harbor Maine.

With acknowledgement to our Canadian friends it is Newfoundland and Labrador.

Good information, thanks! If the locals and the CG were recommending against going to Newfoundland in a Nordhavn, I think I should just scratch that from my wish list. I wasn't planning to get to Labrador anyway.

Fog I can deal with, but I'll avoid it when possible. Bar Harbor isn't a bad place to wait out the worst of it. Although I usually stay in Northeast Harbor instead. I passed through Penobscot Bay about a half-dozen times before I ever actually SAW it. You don't get far in Maine without running through fog once in a while.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom