Old 02-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
Curmudgeon

City: Stoney Creek, MD
Vessel Name: Moon Dance
Vessel Model: 1974 34' Marine Trader Sedan
Good days in the Keys

Some random photos from our recent trip to the Keys.* God clearly intended for me to live in the Caribbean, I don't know how he got the address so mixed up.
Attached Thumbnails
cg yard.jpg   i need to relocate southwards.jpg   islamorada.jpg   kw rocket.jpg   lil toot.jpg  

pelican.jpg   sunset.jpg   sunset 2.jpg   you talkin to me.jpg  
BaltimoreLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
Guru

RE: Good days in the Keys

Very nice pictures. Wish I was there too. But the address got mixed up for me as well. Big time. :-)
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express

Quote:
BaltimoreLurker wrote:
*God clearly intended for me to live in the Caribbean.
*I used to think that as well, but some of the guys here have opened my eyes to how wrong I was. *It was all an illusion. *I'm really supposed to be in the PNW.
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
Curmudgeon

City: Stoney Creek, MD
Vessel Name: Moon Dance
Vessel Model: 1974 34' Marine Trader Sedan

It's funny.* The last time I was in Key West* was in 1975.* I was 19 and totally disappointed at how desolate and isolated the place seemed.* The end of the world.* Now, 38 years later at 56, I long for that quiet and emptiness.* Key West was nice, but covered in T-shirt and souvenir shops.* The dining was spectacular though, I'll say that!* No end of great restaurants.* We bailed after a few days and scurried back to Islamorada.
BaltimoreLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

City: Home Port: Buck's Harbor, Maine
Vessel Name: "Emily Anne"
Vessel Model: 2001 Island Gypsy 32 Europa (Hull #146)
Good days in the Keys

Quote:
superdiver wrote:
i hate you i hate you i hate you i hate you....

Not really, but with the boat up on the hard, all covered up and boating season still at least two months away, I am envious. Well, maybe i do hate you.

-- Edited by dwhatty on Monday 20th of February 2012 05:45:53 PM
dwhatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #6
Scraping Paint

City: -

Quote:
Moonstruck wrote:
*I used to think that as well, but some of the guys here have opened my eyes to how wrong I was. *It was all an illusion. *I'm really supposed to be in the PNW.
*No you're not. STAY THERE.

No palm trees here, no white sand beaches (that we're going to tell you about), no balmy weather, no blue skies, no beach chairs in the shade (we do have beach chairs in the rain, though).* Anyone caught wearing a short-sleeved Aloha shirt is summarily shot on sight by the State Patrol.

Our killer whale are not called that because they're nice.* They sink boats and eat the occupants.* We have frequent volcanoes and earthquakes.* And anyone from a right-to-work state is immediately killed and butchered by the Machinists Union and the meat fed to the owls.

If the volcanoes and earthquakes and whales and owls and machinists don't get you the mountains will.* Three more killed yesterday by an avalanche. This follows the three whose Cessna was swatted out of the air last week by Mount Si east of Seattle.

So *I strongly suggest remaining in the protection of your flatland*ICW ditch thing*back there.* Mother nature got bored with it a long time ago and so today concentrates her attention on*Oregon,*Washington, BC, and SE Alaska where beating up on the humans is so much more fun and there are so many more ways to do it.
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:05 AM   #7
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40

Old Stone..Largo seems nice.* Will be down there a couple days next week to*drive girlfriend back up north.

She spends a month or two in Buttonwood Bay every winter.* Hope she starts making the trip with me when I get the boat ready next or the following winter.
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:37 AM   #8
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Good days in the Keys

Quote:
Old Stone wrote:
Lurker - Think we were there the same time as you! After a couple years of searching for a southern port to base from, we absolutely fell in love with Key Largo. Florida mainland was a bit busy, and the other Keys were a bit isolated (for us), even though we plan to be on the go once we settle in down there. Looking to locate there in the fall. There are sooooo many good destinations in Fla, but Largo just fit our cup of tea.
*Carl, on your way South, we would love for you to stop in Ft. Pierce City Marina. *http://www.fortpiercecitymarina.com/index.html

If it is a weekend, one of the nation's top farmers markets is just next door. *If you like jazz, Tuesday is jazz night at the jazz society. *We would also love to meet you.

Also, it is right on the ICW. *Just radio the dockmaster for directions into the channel.*

-- Edited by Moonstruck on Wednesday 22nd of February 2012 09:38:59 AM
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote