Old 12-17-2007, 12:49 PM   #1
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house
To get this started?

So I thought you were going to kick this section off? * So how do you define voyagers?* <^;{* I dont have any war stories just air head, and can believe I/you did that which are mostly humorous, but maybe not at the time.* (-;* Is this sort of like off the Deep End as most of mine post are out there a bit? )-;* So if you tell us yours, I/we will tell you our/mine. (-;

Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
TF Site Team

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Model: Carver 356
To get this started?

Well I was the one that was gonna get this started. I still don't have the time to write down the story I want to tell so it will have to wait a bit more...I promise to get it out.

And as far as who is worthy of posting a story, anyone that has one as it relates to boating...you don't have to be a "voyager" just someone with a good boat story. If you get your boat out there, you gotta have a few. The reason why I went from sailboats to trawlers was to "reduce" on the amount of "stories"...which it did. I have a good sailboat story as well. It is funny, you ask a trawler crawler about a recent trip and it is usually uneventful(except for the dancing girls of course....with really cool footwear...that was for you P/F). But ask a sailor about a recent excursion and you better take a seat. There is a lot more that can go wrong on a sailboat. Anyway, I'll post in a bit.

Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:07 AM   #3
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house
RE: To get this started?

Oh, I was thinking of voyeur boating stories?* Dah!* Good thing I did not post.* )-;* Anyway, I dont have voyager boating stories. **How boring?* *)-;*****

Gee, John it must be a long great story and*I can't wait to read?* No pressure!* (-;
Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Oh heck! I want to tell my story so-o-o bad (it's not a very big story to anyone else but it is really something to me). But, because I'm so darn wordy (as you may have already noticed)*that I just don't have the time right now.* Please don't stop or turn off or some such thing, this topic until after the holidays.

The photo is early one morning, just coming out of Talens Fuel Depot*near Port Arthur*Texas on the GIWW and the "red sky in the morning" would be a harbinger that I would choose to ignore.* More later.

Regards.* Merry Christmas everyone,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sunrise on the giww.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	324  
capnwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:24 AM   #5
Guru

Vessel Name: Anastasia III
Vessel Model: Krogen 42

Where's that fuel dock? Up the Neches River or down by Sabine pass?
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 06:13 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Hey Keith,

My log is on the boat at the marina but as I recall (whole nuther story, "CRS") I believe it was near Sabine Pass.

I was looking for a place to stop for the night and I seen a tug-n-tow (pushin actually) and on the side of the tow (barge actually) it said "Talen Fuel Depot" in big letters with their number. Since they were coming from the direction I was heading, I figured, what the heck, I'd give them a call and see if they had room for me. Sure enough! I bought 5 gallons of diesel (they usually sell about 80,000 per day) Ha *and ....they fed me dinner.* The two guys on duty invited me to join them for a little gumbo and conversation.* We BS'd until 11:00 and then I went back to Troika.* Man, what a great memory.

Love that Krogen !

Best regards,

capnwil is offline   Reply With Quote