Florida to Belize

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

belizebill

Vessel Name
Irish Miss
Vessel Make
36' Marine Trader, D C
Leaving this morning after waiting out a storm in our way. If you want to see my track,go to SPOT web site. Capt. Bill, IRISH MISS. See you on the other side. BB

Have a nice crossing,* Will check out the Spot site.

Stay safe.* JohnP

JohnP wrote:
Have a nice crossing,* Will check out the Spot site.

Stay safe.* JohnP
JohnP*

I checked out the Spot website, but was evidently too dumb to figure out how to get to Irish Mist.* Did you figure it out?

Everyone we ever tracked with Spot had to provide a link in order to follow their progress. I don't know of anyplace on the website where you can just go in a track someone. Chuck

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when you have a chance please tell us more about the trip
Steve W

Moonstruck wrote
JohnP*

I checked out the Spot website, but was evidently too dumb to figure out how to get to Irish Mist.* Did you figure it out?
**********Sorry for the delay but --Nope I could not figure it out either.* JohnP

The first day and night got us as far Southwest of the Dry Tortugas,the seas were 1 to 2 feet. Caught 5 tunas and a couple mahimahi. The bottle nose dolphins were all around the boat playing and jumping, it was really great. Crossing the gulf stream was a little rougher with 2 to 3 feet and to much sea grass to fish. We approched the west end of Cuba near Cabo San Antonio and had to change a fuel filter just as we started crossing the Yucatan channel and the current running North slowed us down a bit. The seas started buildig to 4 to 5 feet and on the Port beam. We headed straight for Cozumel from Cuba as I wasnt sure of the fuel consumption because of the strong current. 30 mile out of Cozumel the seas came up dramaticly to 6 to 8 feet about 4seconds apart on the Port beam. VERY UNPLESANT! After topping off the fuel tanks,we rested in Cozumel for a day and night and headed down the Mexican coast to Belize. Again ,the whole way from Cozumel to Belize ,we had Port beam seas 6 feet. It was really nice to see the channel thhru the reef at San Pedro ,Belize. I sure found out what the old girl will take. Im thinking of renaming her " MAYTAG" BB

Hats off to you, Bill.* Congratulations on a successful trip.* Wish that the Spot track could have been accessed.* We were getting concerned until you checked in.* Hope you have many years of enjoyment on Irish Mist.*

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom