eXXpedition- cleaning up our oceans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kinda sad if we clean the oceans (I wish) and then we all get smoked by an asteroid...

If we live long enough we will become clever enough to look after ourselves and extend our temporary hegemony of the earth.

We still don’t have an energy alternative. Solar panels are great when the sun shines, windmills ditto when the wind blows, nuclear once we figure out what to do with the waste... water is becoming in short supply, let alone to generate electricity. Something akin to led technology will be necessary to make electricity truly useful, thousands of kw just to run a single-family home? Not nearly there yet but as soon as someone makes the breakthrough...

Greetings,
Mr. A. Nope. Can't stop trying on a personal level but trying to convince more than a handful of the worth of your efforts is...

200.webp

RT - If you provide the correct food [new source fuel] for them [humans]... herding or chasing is not required! They gather to eat... err, fuel-up!!! :dance:

Last edited:
It is a Human feature to overestimate our importance in the context of geologic time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction_event

Meanwhile:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_OK

Hasn’t been a pandemic for a while…that’ll also knock us off our perch for a bit.

Don’t get me wrong, as I’m not suggesting we keep mucking along as we are. Crapping in your own nest doesn’t work long term. It’s just that there are bigger forces at play than we realize, and history shows these forces can be devastating.

Also, I’m a hopeful kind of guy. It’s my belief that there will be someone or some group that comes up with a technological solution. As I heard a Saudi official once say in explaining their investigations into alternative energy solutions, “The Stone Age didn’t end because they ran out of stones”.

And the chandelier could fall to crush you on the dance floor - So??? Ya gonna stop dancing???? Technology got us into this situation. Technology will get us out! :thumb:

Whether you run your engine for a season or one minute, you are contributing to what you claim to be a problem.
As I posted I am tired of the hypocrites who preach global warming and don't you burn fossil fuels while either driving or taking a bus to their protest.
As for stepping on your toes, I don't give a ****, you have a beautiful boat which is offensive to the Climate Change warriors.

Leo DiCaprio comes to mind. Jet sets around the globe, always on a private jet. Staying in all manner of luxury resorts or, ***GASP*** on private yachts. Banging supermodels...at the same time, he has the utter audacity & unmitigated gall to preach to the rest of us about his cult, and how we all need to sacrifice. Go F yourself, Leo.

I remember years ago I provided facts about how much energy Fat Arse Al’s mansion in TN used daily. It was utterly and horribly inefficient. Then I provided a comparison regarding the environmental efficiency of President Bush’s compound in TX. This was in a car forum for VWs. I could hear the liberal member’s heads exploding. They refused to accept it, even though it was the truth. Some of them flat out called me a liar. They impugned my integrity. That is how desperate they were to validate their beliefs. I then pointed out they drove really old, inefficient, carbureted VWs with zero emission controls...most of them will not speak to me to this day. Typical of the “do as I say, not as I do” crowd. That crowd is who makes up the cult of global warm....er....uh...sorry...”climate change”.

Last edited:
Leo DiCaprio comes to mind. Jet sets around the globe, always on a private jet. Staying in all manner of luxury resorts or, ***GASP*** on private yachts. Banging supermodels...at the same time, he has the utter audacity & unmitigated gall to preach to the rest of us about his cult, and how we all need to sacrifice. Go F yourself, Leo.

It seems your culture puts an enormous emphasis on political heroes, military heroes, as well as sports and entertainment stars. Scientists have little sway and get little media coverage.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom