Baltimore, MD to Eastern Caribbean by way of Central America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry, it’s a mixed bag of emotions. Nice to be back in the land of you can have anything in 24hrs, and a variety of services if needed. But not having health insurance for a while and being in the US makes you feel a little uneasy. Otherwise having fun.

Donsan, we will continue to head back to Baltimore, live aboard full time and resume employment for awhile. We originally thought our next trip would be north, but really want to get back to Panama. Plenty of time to figure it out, probably 3yrs or so.

Having significantly contributed to the local bar/restaurant economies of St. Augustine and Charleston not to mention our waistlines, we depart tomorrow for points North. We have decided to do the ICW since we are not in a hurry. We eliminated a week in Wilmington since a friend had to cancel. I forgot how much planning and work goes into navigating the ICW. We will anchor some, pop into some cheapo marinas for A/C and visit Ocracoke and Manteo (first time for both).

Caroline is working on the blog, just been busy having fun

Trip stats

After three years and one month we are back at the marina.

Final stats:

20 countries
7 currencies
5 languages
9500 nautical miles
2930 gallons of diesel
1560 hrs on main
880 hrs on gen
835 hrs on watermaker
29225 gallons of water made
7 times the cat went in the water in 5 different countries

After three years and one month we are back at the marina.

Final stats:

20 countries
7 currencies
5 languages
9500 nautical miles
2930 gallons of diesel
1560 hrs on main
880 hrs on gen
835 hrs on watermaker
29225 gallons of water made
7 times the cat went in the water in 5 different countries

:rofl: I have to laugh. I just shared my cat in the drink story on another thread. :rofl:

What an awesome achievement Scott. How was boat living as a couple for 3 years?

Ben,

We tie a towel off the swim platform. Howard has all of his claws, and self rescues quite nicely, when we don’t intervene if we are unaware. Having an underwater light that attracts fish certainly didn’t help, as he has little self control with such things.

Cardude,

Thanks, there we some rough patches, I assume we would have some maybe not all regardless of cruising. The biggest problem was when Caroline started suffering menopause. It was/is hell for all involved.

Funny enough 9 out of 10 couples were all on there second marriage that we met cruising.

Great job Howard! 20 countries, 7 baths and you didn't lose any of your crew!!

Ben,

We tie a towel off the swim platform. Howard has all of his claws, and self rescues quite nicely, when we don’t intervene if we are unaware. Having an underwater light that attracts fish certainly didn’t help, as he has little self control with such things.

That's good idea. I may have a boat cat when my son joins the USAF.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom