Go Back   Trawler Forum > Trawler Forum > Voyagers and other Boaters on the Go!

Old 09-04-2008, 11:28 AM   #1
Veteran Member
The B.C. Coast and Prince of Wales Island, Southeast Alaska

The B.C. Coast and Prince of Wales Island, Southeast Alaska

(brought forward from the Participation thread in Discusson)

" ... you are one in 500.The first of the group to come to Thorne Bay on my invite. "*

The visit to Thorne Bay was a pleasure.* The weather kept me there for a few days, but everyone was very nice.* Terry took good care of me at the floats, and Carol at the store and fuel dock was very nice.* I was glad I didnt have to retreat to Ketchikan for fuel.* Sonny, the guide, was helpful about the weather patterns further north to Sumner Strait.* What is it with Lincoln Rock?* The wind report was always about 15-20 knots higher than anywhere around.* The library staff was accommodating with the internet connections during the day and evening opening hours.** The Bay itself was very nice.* I took the boat into the south end for a look at the waterfront homes and had a boo in Tolstoi Bay on the way in, and Snug Anchorage on the way out.* Next time Ill put the kayak down and take a couple of long paddles around the Bay.
"I finally got my boat up here"*Eric, I would really like to hear (read) about your trip.* I want lots of detail about your routes, stops, anchorages.* I have all winter.**"Going to Craig tomorow .."*I hope you remembered to have Peanut Butter Pie for dessert!Old_Salt
Old_Salt is offline   Reply With Quote