The B.C. Coast and Prince of Wales Island, Southeast Alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Old_Salt

Veteran Member
The B.C. Coast and Prince of Wales Island, Southeast Alaska

(brought forward from the Participation thread in Discusson)

" ... you are one in 500.The first of the group to come to Thorne Bay on my invite. "*

The visit to Thorne Bay was a pleasure.* The weather kept me there for a few days, but everyone was very nice.* Terry took good care of me at the floats, and Carol at the store and fuel dock was very nice.* I was glad I didnt have to retreat to Ketchikan for fuel.* Sonny, the guide, was helpful about the weather patterns further north to Sumner Strait.* What is it with Lincoln Rock?* The wind report was always about 15-20 knots higher than anywhere around.* The library staff was accommodating with the internet connections during the day and evening opening hours.** The Bay itself was very nice.* I took the boat into the south end for a look at the waterfront homes and had a boo in Tolstoi Bay on the way in, and Snug Anchorage on the way out.* Next time Ill put the kayak down and take a couple of long paddles around the Bay.
"I finally got my boat up here"*Eric, I would really like to hear (read) about your trip.* I want lots of detail about your routes, stops, anchorages.* I have all winter.**"Going to Craig tomorow .."*I hope you remembered to have Peanut Butter Pie for dessert!Old_Salt

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom