Old 11-16-2017, 08:44 AM   #1

City: La Paz, BCS
Vessel Name: Ansedonia
Vessel Model: Californian/Carver 52CPMY
Ansedonia arrives in La Paz, BCS

Hi folks,
My crew and I just completed a trip from Channel Islands, CA, to La Paz, BCS. We took 11 days, with 4 overnight passages, and overnight stops in between. I was a bit nervous, since I just bought the boat in May, and I am still learning her systems. Everything worked well, both crew and vessel. Final stats for the trip were 128 hours underway, 724 gallons of diesel burned, and 1070 nautical miles traveled. If interested you can read the blog at: bajaharmony.net

Ansedonia is a 1991 Carver/Californian CPMY, 52', with twin Cat 3208Ta motors.

Cheers, Bill
Old 11-29-2017, 11:11 PM   #2

Small world. I'm looking at Ansedonia from our pilot house - a couple slips over & across the dock. We (Figment) arrived in La Paz on the 19th & moved into the same location as Ansedonia after spending the holiday weekend with visiting family in the Isla Espiritu Santos and Partida Park. Experienced a couple spectacular anchorages and saw much sealife!

Figment left Seattle on Labor Day arriving in San Diego on Oct 2nd. Then left San Diego with the CUBAR group on Nov 7th. Some operating stats: SEA to La Paz 364 hours on the CAT burning 945 gallons for a consumption rate of 2.56GPH. We ran a bit harder from San Diego staying generally with the fleet so burn rate was 2.7GPH on that section of 131 hours. We also put 16 hours on the Northern Lights and made 210 gallons of water.

Now have to figure out where we go from here. How long to play in the Sea of Cortez & when to head further south. Bill, please give us a shout if you are in the Marina & we are about.
Sealegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:50 AM   #3
Guru

City: Vermont
Break break, Figment, this is Tanglewood.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:14 AM   #4

City: Bocas del Toro, Panama
Vessel Name: Delta Swizzler
Vessel Model: 1988 58' Vantare
Welcome to Mexico you will love the Sea of Cortez, we have spent the last two years up there and are now in heading to Barra de Navidad, hope our paths cross
Dswizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:24 AM   #5

City: La Paz, BCS
Vessel Name: Ansedonia
Vessel Model: Californian/Carver 52CPMY
Howdy Swizzler,
This will be our 5th year in the Sea, on our third boat down there. I believe that my wife and I will be in La Cruz next month aboard my friend Greg's boat, Scout. Hopefully, we will make it to Barra and Tenacatita also. We will keep our eyes open for you.

Safe travels, Bill

Tags
baja, mexico, sea of cortez, voyage