Old 07-07-2014, 01:22 AM   #21
TF Site Team
Vessel Name: LISAS WAY
Vessel Model: BAYLINER 4788
Originally Posted by Datenight View Post

If you looked into our stateroom I was wearing something less than the red jacket! The cruise ends tomorrow in Vancouver. We will spend a few days there visiting our neighbors parents and sightseeing then off to Seattle to visit a high school friend before heading back to Connecticut.

It has been an amazing trip. We hope to come back again on a less scheduled vacation to have a better chance to get to know the people.

Don't tell anyone what a paradise you have here.

Rob, hope you had a great time! Please come back, and if you get a chance drop by Seward!

Kevin Sanders
Bayliner 4788
Seward, Alaska
ksanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:07 PM   #22
City: Inside Passage Summer/Columbia River Winter
Vessel Name: Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Model: 1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Kevin, you are correct, the town folk in Whittier do not want to expand or improve their docks as that means more Anchorage people will come. Whittier is anti-development. Its a shame as Whittier could out perform Seward and Homer combined, but then again that is how they have become known a whittiots....

1988 M/Y Camargue Yacht Fisher
Alaskan Sea-Duction
MMSI: 338131469
Alaskan Sea-Duction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:39 PM   #23
City: Kenai, Alaska
Vessel Name: Melanie Rose
Vessel Model: 1999 Willard PH
Hi back Kevin,
I am headed out tomorrow morning (Tuesday) for the Sound, the weather looks good for a couple of days and I am out of shrimp :-) I plan to troll the bluffs past Day Harbor and then night over at Fox Farm Bay. The silvers are starting to come in, I picked one up in an hour trolling between No Name and Cheval on my way around from Homer. I expect them to be hot and heavy past Day and around Knight. Going to spend all of July in the Sound and come back for the Derby. So sad, I am looking forward to meeting you.

I spent a night in Taz Basin and combed the beaches in Cup Cove and Sandy Bay. No treasure, just plastic trash...
AKDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:57 AM   #24
City: Noank, CT
Vessel Name: Datenight
Originally Posted by Al View Post
Rob- Lucky it didn't rain while you were here!! Almost 13 inches in June! (New rainfall record for June)
Coming back? Okay, fly to Vancouver B.C., Rent a car drive to Harrison Hot Springs Resort an hour or so from Vancouver, Bring you swim suits. Enjoy the hot-spring pools at the Harrison Hot Springs Resort and a fabulous German schnitzel at the Black Forest Inn. Continue on to Prince Rupert B.C. in total about a two and half day drive. Fantastic scenery and Europe class roads. Turn in the car at Prince Rupert B.C. and board your ferry for Ketchikan, 6 hour trip (You want to schedule your trip to the best departure times out of Prince Rupert) to Ketchikan, Rent a car in Ketchikan and a B&B. Rent a skiff at Kundson Cove Marina. They will process your fish and hold for your departure. Fly out of Ketchikan with fish. If the schedule permits, you will be able to make your home town in one day. Hard to believe it is that simple.
You can thank me later.
Al -Ketchikan-(Bridge to Nowhere) Alaska
Al and Kevin,

Thanks. We will be back. I think it will be in two years when Diane retires and vacation time is not so rationed. The drive from Vancouver seems like just the thing we would like to do. We just spent a delightful day here in Vancouver and will visit the neighbors parents tomorrow.

If anyone makes it back east you would be welcome to spend a few days with us. This goes for anyone.

Taking the train to Seattle Wednesday morning.

North Pacific 39
Datenight is online now   Reply With Quote