1st Spy Photos--Windsong 1st River Cruise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonstruck

Guru
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
These are the first stealth photos of Windsong as she was sneaking past the Chattanooga Waterfront.* She is headed downstream BOLO.

-- Edited by Moonstruck on Saturday 12th of February 2011 02:36:53 PM

Attachments

• windsong first river trip 001.jpg
    windsong first river trip 001.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 88
  • windsong first river trip 002.jpg
    windsong first river trip 002.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 89
  • windsong first river trip 004.jpg
    windsong first river trip 004.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 83
Don-
Thanks for posting these!!! Sorry we weren't able to stop and chat for a bit- getting hung up at the lock for an hour with that barge threw off our schedule and I was worried about getting down to Hales Bar before dark! We ended up making it here by about 4 so in hindsight we would have had time to tie off @ the waterfront and visit but too late now. :)

GREAT run down the river today. I posted a bunch of pictures on my blog at www.trawlerLivinglight.blogspot.com.

Today was the biggest run this little old boat has probably done in 10-12 years?? She ran great- no water, fuel, or oil leaks! She ran like a champ and I had SUCH a great time with my dad and son running the river. The stuff of dreams really....nothing spectacular mind you- just a mellow day with 3 generations together on the river....who could ask for anything more.

NOTE: going through the locks was a complete NON issue. It was a cakewalk! The boat handled great and I think I am finally getting the hang of handling a single screw. I wish you all had seen me dock her tonight in her transient slip....very tight quarters, had to make a 180 degree turn, right up against the gas dock, etc. We barely tapped the dock so definitely feeling better with the single screw.

Stay tuned for day #2 tomorrow!!!
cowboy.gif

Don,
Thanks again for coming down to the waterfront and posting the pics.

Tony, you just went through one of the prettiest sections of the river----The Grand Canyon of the Tennessee.* A very interesting place to have your first cruise.* Don't let the markers put you off as you leave in the morning.* Going under the I-24 bridge you will see several small rip-rap islands.* These were built before the lake was flooded to place the markers.* It looks kind of funny the first time you see them.

Hold it in the channel.* There is some shallow water between Scottsboro and Guntersville.

Glad it's going well for you.* Have a ball!

Woodsong wrote:She ran like a champ and I had SUCH a great time with my dad and son running the river. The stuff of dreams really....nothing spectacular mind you- just a mellow day with 3 generations together on the river....who could ask for anything more.

We took the tug to Chattanooga in 2006. Loved the downtown. Ate at a*fine place that had the address as their name. Just up the street.

Doc wrote:

We took the tug to Chattanooga in 2006. Loved the downtown. Ate at a*fine place that had the address as their name. Just up the street.

*Doc, that was 212 Market.* Fine restaurant.* I live in the 200 block of Cherry St. 1 block behind it.* Nest time you are here let me know.* We will get you all around.* I can walk to approx. 50 restaurants.

Excellent work on the spy photos....Thanks for sharing!!!

Agreed- 212 Market is an awesome restaurant- their rooftop patio is great on a nice sunny day. My wife loves eating there.

Hi Windsong: Hales Bar will be my marina when I get the 38footer I am working on finished.I had a 28 CC there for several months and know several people there.
I am a Old Chattanooga Boy(East Lake Brat) been in Franklin county since the 50's and I sure like the river and Chattanooga has done a really great job with the waterfront and down town area.
Have a great trip and what is the destination??? Good Luck,Bill Smith

Where was Tony cruising a couple of days ago?* Here is a picture of the upstream entrance of the "Grand Canyon" of the Tennessee.* It is taken from Signal Point on Signal Mountain (my home for about 40 years).* Lookout Mountain is in the far background.* Raccoon Mountain is across the river.* The Union Army used Signal Point to communicate during the Battle of Chattanooga.* The "Battle Above the Clouds" took place on Lookout Mountain.* The canyon runs for about 20 miles.

Fighting Joe Wheeler led his army to destroy a Union wagon train of about 500 wagons on the West side of Signal Mountain.* Why is this interesting?* It probably isn't unless you have been to the annual AGLCA rendezvous at Joe Wheeler State Park in Alabama.* Wheeler Dam and reservoir is also named for him.

Attachments

• tennessee river from signal point weblog.jpg
    tennessee river from signal point weblog.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 49
Bill, sounds like you have a lot of history in the chattanooga area!
We're making the run down to Alred Marina to drop the trawler off to get her topsides painted and looking pretty. :)
We spent the night last night at Goose Pond...sitting in the cabin now with a nice cup of coffee relaxing as we only have about 21 miles to go today.
Who knew that a little 125 mile run could be so fun?!

I posted a bunch more pictures from yesterday on my blog so feel free to go check them out. *We had a stiff wind right on the nose pretty much all day that slowed us down but it was beautiful out.

-- Edited by Woodsong on Monday 14th of February 2011 07:56:02 AM

Back
Top Bottom