It’s Showtime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do I need to add, I am also obsessed!
Wow what a trip. It will be really interesting reading his updated blog once he gets some rest.

Just passing three castle head.

What? You guys getting all worked up about this? I don't get it.

Just passing three castle head.

What? You guys getting all worked up about this? I don't get it.

Wonder how much Richard's voyage has been worth in advertising hits / $.

Can see a new Mayo label....Dauntless riding huge waves, Richard in foul weather gear with a tuna sandwich in hand.

Might be worth cooking up another crossing with even more drama.

Kinda reminds me of the old days. 120 days straight at Sea, first time to see land and we anchor out at 23:00 with liberty call at 08:00. And to make it even worst, I'm in the first Duty Section!
Hang in there Richard, great trip!

How many connected devices do you have monitoring this? 5 here.

Would it be inappropriate to find a local gift delivery to bring him some mayo once he gets out of quarantine?

He is finally showing up on my marine traffic app. This is truly an epic journey and a nail biter. I think tipping some Bushmills is in order. I will go pour one now.

Ok, I'll bite. Is that an Irish brew?

I have been glued to the laptop all day updating like a crazy man. 1 window open for TF, one for AIS, one for weather, one for Castletownbere harbour. This made my day. Had me a little worried at times I must admit. Rock on Richard!!

So you guys realize Richard while close to port is still in a 30 knot direct beam sea.

30 knot wind on your beam, probably 15' plus close spaced seas!

Last report he was down to one paravane.

I am suprised he can hold course. I am suprised the boat can take it. I am suprised he can take it.

Wow, I almost can breathe again. Maybe I will sleep better tonight. I can't imagine how exhausted Richard is, and yet how exuberant he is. Six miles, pretty much getting in the lea of the wind although the seas are still probably kicking in that bay. But after what he has been through he must be getting really excited. I have not sent him any messages the past couple of days. I figure he was to busy to deal with to many messages. Come on fuel hold out for another 10 miles or so....

Ghost, I tried contacting the tourist bureau in Castletownbere to see if I could arrange a Mayo delivery last night. They haven't responded to my email.
Anybody got any other ideas?

I wonder if any of the local restaurants would deliver a container of Mayo. Or maybe a good delicious tuna fish sandwich....

Man, I can't think of any, but I think collectively everyone watching is starting to breath a little easier for him. I have two devices going, Delorme on laptop, phone to post

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

I wonder if any of the local restaurants would deliver a container of Mayo. Or maybe a good delicious tuna fish sandwich....

That might work.

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

I dunno. I guess that Richard would be perfectly satisfied with calm waters and a real good night's sleep. He's got a lot of support reading to do here. Kicking back and enjoying ones acomplishment, being safely in port, and being surrounded by ones trusty vessel (your partner in adventure) may be all that Richard needs right now.

Can anybody see a channel marked to the left of Bear Island? I hit Ariel on Delorme and zoomed in, but see no markers on either side of the island.

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

I went to Marinas.com and it looks like it has a large channel markers in the photos.

His last DeLorme report shows he slowed down to 3mph.
Maybe he is pulling the fish in?

Wondering that too. He just turned per In Reach toward the long way around island?

Any chance the Admiral (Julie) could have flown to Cork and then drove to Port to meet him upon arrival. I can't believe she hasn't been following along with all of us and was as concerned and worried at times as we've been? Nothing better than to finally come ashore and falling into the arms of a loved one...

Speed way down. Worried about fuel and filters.

I hope he is pulling in the one parvane that he was running with. I am holding my breathe.

Marine Traffic shows him back underway

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    5.3 KB · Views: 288
Back
Top Bottom