It’s Showtime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually put together a video and posted it on YouTube of the hurricane we went through.
I've also been though a NorEaster that made me wish I were back in that hurricane. It blew up off the coast of Va/NC, 100kt winds. Yea, I won't be sailing a small boat across the Atlantic in the winter!

Karel had given me really clear instructions, so when I saw people standing on the dock at 01:40 in the morning of August 29th, 2014, I knew our Atlantic Passage was over.:D

Wow. Just simply wow. Thank you for the ocean crossing, and your description of the final hours. (wiping brow)

WE did well, eh? Congratulations, sincerely.

Can't wait to read more.

Lots of great stuff there, Richard! That's a good read, but you know...we like photos, too.

Lots of great stuff there, Richard! That's a good read, but you know...we like photos, too.

I put them in the blog because it's really difficult to upload photos for TF.
So blog has same text, but videos and photos.

I will also upload all to Smugmug.
But internet had been a challenge for me.

I'm hoping that once settled in Waterford, things will be a bit easier.

UOTE=dannc;267117]Link to the YouTube video? :D

Thanks,
Dan[/QUOTE]

Last post about me, I'm not stealing this man's thunder! He earned it!

For some reason, youtube wont allow me to change the settings so you can watch it on a mobile device. You'll have to watch it on a good old fashioned PC.

I put them in the blog because it's really difficult to upload photos for TF.
So blog has same text, but videos and photos.

I will also upload all to Smugmug.
But internet had been a challenge for me.

I'm hoping that once settled in Waterford, things will be a bit easier.

Go into a meteor mobile phone shop, buy a Huawei 3G router that sits in your pilot house (€80?) which can connect up to 5 ipads etc at one time; it's pay as you go at €20/month no contract for 7.5 gigs download, and it's very very fast at 4-5mbs.........

Meteor.ie

PS: a refurb unit is only €29.99.....https://store.meteor.ie/mobile-broadband-devices//?linkid=footer

Last edited:
I actually put together a video and posted it on YouTube of the hurricane we went through.
I've also been though a NorEaster that made me wish I were back in that hurricane. It blew up off the coast of Va/NC, 100kt winds. Yea, I won't be sailing a small boat across the Atlantic in the winter!

Thanks, even though I can't see yours yet, the next one in line, ship in hurricane, was the video I was referring to.

Hi Richard and Julie! Congrats on the trip, LOVED the Blog and "virtually" traveling along with you. Took several notes and look forward to reading about your next adventures!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom