sliding door adjustment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddalme

Vessel Name
Relenti
Vessel Make
Atlantic 30, 1983
I have a 1983 Atlantic 30 (Prairie 29) that has the sliding glass door for the salon entrance. The door drags and I can't find an adjustment on the top or the bottom of the door. I did find a single loose ball bearing in the lower tract (about the size of a BB). Wonder if they have some kind of roller attachment under the door, hiding inside the lower track. Looks like you have to dismantle the door frame to remove it. Any Ideas on adjustments or manufacture??

Sometimes new trucks and a hefty clean-out of the tracks does wonder... even though it doesn't look like there's anything there to clean.

Sometimes there's a spacer strip at the top that you can remove, and then lift the door up and out.

Our spacer is a long black plastic thing, and I had to unscrew the visible screws first, then move the slider to expose the screws on the other side, unscrew them... then move the door back and pull the spacer out from one direction. After that, the door would lift enough to clear the lower track.

FWIW, I was able to reverse the trucks on our sliding screen; moved upper to lower and vice versa.

Otherwise, sliding door trucks are said to be semi-standard in size, Home Depot may have what you'd need...

Oh, and sometimes the overhead structure can be sagging... which could put a crimp on sliding doors, too...

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom