Prairie 29 for Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chug

Vessel Name
Chug 29' Prairie for Sale
Vessel Make
1981 Prairie Trawler
Looking to sell my 29' Prairie Sedan Trawler

Looking to sell my 29' Prairie Sedan Trawler

Little things like posting the asking price and some pictures will go a long way to generating interest on this forum.

Ted

That's not much information to go on.

Interested? new to sight

Lots of Prairie 29 fans here, but you need to give us more to go on. Pics, specifications, price, condition, more pictures, contact info. Ads need to say more than "I want to sell my boat."

Did your boat come out of Cape Coral, new paint job on hull, topsides needed work. Had an ac in the port window. I looked at one there named Chug. It was in 2010 I believe.

Chug - I just sent you a private message. I am near Ft. Myers and I am looking for a Prairie 29.

Thanks...............will call you later

Yes

I know the Prairie's are built like a tank, how about the Atlantic version. I am always concerned about the stringers after having to change them on a couple boats. I'm told the Prairie's have all glass stringers and no cores in the hull which makes them high on my list. Both of the Atlantic boats have Volvo's, are there any opinions here on the Volvo, it appears to have 2X the horsepower needed for this boat. From what I've read the 85 hp Perkins is about the best for this hull. Thanks for the reply, waiting to see opinions on the Volvo and if not too negative I may check on the boat in Niceville.

You are correct, the Prairie is built like a tanks. The stringers are all glass as is the hull. Generally speaking, I have never any problems with the Volvo. My boat has the 4-108, which is a little under power. The 4-236 is, I believe just about right. Better to have more power then to little. I also know that many early Prairies were built wit Perkins 4-154's. This engine is very difficult to get parts for. I can not speak to the construction of the Atlantic version vs. the Prairie, perhaps someone else can address that issue.

The Prairie is a well built little vessel and handles well. The do roll in a beam sea and they are not fast. They are efficient and easy to handle in tight situations. As always hire a surveyor for the hull and another for the engine.

John

I was seriously contemplating buying the one that was on yachtworld down in Key Largo up till February. The price dropped to 17K Would have been an awesome Florida boat for short money. But it's gone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom