Markings on steps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1Sailor

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Moondance
Vessel Make
Atlantic Prarie 30 LRC
I found these markings on the steps down to the galley on my 1983 Atlantic/Prarie 30 LRC: 30-5S 2 (see picture). Could it mean the boat is the 30’ model & is hull # 5? The S is elongated, could be an 8? and the 2 is like when you square. A #. Does anyone know what it could mean?

Attachments

• 995A777B-B84A-4BFD-BB82-63011D09BAFE.jpg
    995A777B-B84A-4BFD-BB82-63011D09BAFE.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 90
Does the number correlate to your hull number?
It may be a marking to identify the part, your steps, to the boat during the build process if they had multiple builds going of the same model.

What are the dimensions of the tread?

Does the number correlate to your hull number?
It may be a marking to identify the part, your steps, to the boat during the build process if they had multiple builds going of the same model.

There is no manufactures plack on my boat that I can find & I was wondering if the 5 could be my hull #. I also think it could be a part # for the step. Is the hull # part of the # stamped on the transom?

Yes, the hull number is part of the HIN stamped on the transom. My hull number is PBJ000230280. PBJ is the builder code, 00023 is the hull number, and 80 is the year. Not sure but I think 02 is the month.

I agree that it's just a builder's part designation, I've seen them in other components on my boat. 30 is the length, beyond that it's hard to know. It looks like a 58 to me. Step #2? It was never intended for the owner, just to make sure the yard guys put the parts in the right place in the right boat.

Thank you for your information.

Back
Top Bottom