ICW log 18

ICW log 19

ICW log 20

ICW 21

ICW 22

ICW 23

ICW 24

ICW 25

She'll sail on, but that's the last voyage for her under our stewardship.

Safe Seas to all of you!

Matt & Connie

flagold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:26 PM   #2

City: Merritt Island,Fl
Vessel Name: Sue Marie
Vessel Model: Prarie 29
Thanks for sharing this voyage, well done. Calm seas in the future.

John

Sortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:44 PM   #3
Guru

City: Wilmington, NC
Vessel Name: Louisa
Vessel Model: Custom Built 38
I watched several. Thanks for sharing.
Ski in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:34 AM   #4
THD
Guru

City: Seattle
Thanks so much for posting the logs from your trip. Have to admit, I watched every one. On the one hand, I know it must have been sad for you, have to sell Mischief, but on the other hand, the trip has given you a lot of warm memories to see you through. Certainly the new owners have a boat that was loved and one that is maybe moe capable than they might have realized.

Best of luck to both of you and best wishes for your health!
THD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:58 AM   #5

City: Bradenton, FL
Vessel Name: OPTIMYSTIQUE
Vessel Model: Mariner 40
Thank you,
I thoroughly enjoyed taking the cruise with you. And remembering the trip we did a few years ago.
Wm
Wmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:27 AM   #6

City: St. Petersburg, Florida
Vessel Name: M/V Sherpa
Vessel Model: 24' Vashon Diesel Cruiser
My wife and I very much enjoyed watching each step of your journey! As with all your boating videos, I learned much. Viewing your videos became an evening tradition over the past few weeks--glad the journey ended well and safely.

Best,

Chris
Old 05-18-2014, 05:49 PM   #7

Matt and Connie

We just completed watching your videos to Maryland. We enjoyed every minute of it! You two should received an award for making such an informative video of your real time boating experiences!! Your trip mirrored part of our trip which we made in 2000! We regret we do not have videos to bring back memories of our trip, as your video has done for us! Thanks again for sharing with us! Good health to you both! Dick & Mary Jo Bradford LadyMJ
LadyMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:27 PM   #8
TF Site Team

City: California Delta and SF Bay
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
I've only finished about a third of the videos so far but wanted to post my thanks for your video log efforts. I've never cruised the east coast and find it very interesting.

I've often dreamed of doing the Great Loop and your videos give me a good look at the scenery and challenges. Congrats on selling your vessel thanks for sharing this bittersweet trip with us.

Wishing the best to you and Connie in all your endeavors. Hope you continue to hang around and contribute here on Trawler Forum.

Gotta get back to the videos now. Cheers!

Custom Google Trawler Forum Search
FlyWright is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:54 PM   #9
Guru

City: Seattle
Vessel Name: The Promise
Vessel Model: Roughwater 35
Matt & Connie,

Thank you so much for sharing your adventure with us. Good luck and God bless.

~Fair winds...
Old 05-21-2014, 07:47 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Many thanks for the kind replies - we'll still be around from time to time. Connie and I haven't given up boating, we have been updating our 1996 13' Whaler Dauntless to trailer behind a camper van, so we've slowed considerably, but not throwing in the towel.

Safe Seas to all of you.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #11
Guru

City: Cape Cod
Vessel Name: Slip Aweigh
Vessel Model: Prairie 29
Matt. I want to thank you for the time you spent videoing and posting your Mischief tales. You made me a prairie wannabe.
cappy208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:44 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy208 View Post
Matt. I want to thank you for the time you spent videoing and posting your Mischief tales. You made me a prairie wannabe.
Not an all bad thing. Owning our boat was one of the very best experiences we had. Good luck in finding one!
Old 06-08-2014, 04:22 PM   #13
Guru

City: Tuckerton, NJ
Vessel Name: WIRELESS ONE
Vessel Model: 36 Gulstar MarkII
Matt & Connie you have both been an inspiration to my wife and I who eventually hope to be able to cruise they way you both did. I enjoyed both series with the camper style boat and the Pairie. Somehow I have a feeling this chapter may have ended but the story isn't finished We wish you both the best.
Bill & Jan
Billylll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:37 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billylll View Post
Matt & Connie you have both been an inspiration to my wife and I who eventually hope to be able to cruise they way you both did. I enjoyed both series with the camper style boat and the Pairie. Somehow I have a feeling this chapter may have ended but the story isn't finished We wish you both the best.
Bill & Jan
Very best of success in making the leap to cruising - adventures not to be missed - and of course, you're right - we couldn't stay away from the water for long - the new "big boat":

Boston Whaler Dauntless 13 13' Whaler Dauntless Boston Whaler Dauntless - YouTube
Old 08-02-2014, 06:30 PM   #15
Guru

City: North Charleston, SC
I haven't had a chance to watch them all yet but my wife and I spent the days surrounding hurricane Arthur at River Forest (#21 & #22) tied up in the creek behind their boatyard.

The owner is nothing if not a character but the whole place seems to be going downhill.
rwidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:41 PM   #16
Guru

City: Upstate,SC
Vessel Name: The Caroliner
Vessel Model: Plans to build 30' Spira Sitka
I watched every video throughout the course of the day.Most excellent journey.Thanks for sharing.I learned a lot and got to see what I will eventually experience.

ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:12 PM   #17
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
We felt some strange combination of happiness and sadness as I'm sure you do. Joy that you got so much enjoyment and got that final great voyage in. At least you got to choose how you wanted to end the time. Sadness that it had to be the final trip.

But determination to make the most of all our chances and build memories. Just takes one condition to say our cruising days are over. I hope even then we can continue to enjoy the beauty as we look out and the trips of others just as we did before we could go ourselves. It's hard to put a label on it, but you've not just entertained us and brought us pleasure, you've also taught us a lot and continue to do so with your Whaler now.
BandB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:15 PM   #18
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwidman View Post
I haven't had a chance to watch them all yet but my wife and I spent the days surrounding hurricane Arthur at River Forest (#21 & #22) tied up in the creek behind their boatyard.

The owner is nothing if not a character but the whole place seems to be going downhill.
Ron were you talking about Mark Smith the owner of River Forest Manor? That place has always been a little quirky. Back in the 70s I had some business dealings with Bernard Voliva who lived across the street from the Manor. He was good friends with Axson Smith, Mark's father. We always ate over there with Axson when I was in town. There was a bad piano player and all kinds of squaking and talking birds in the place. It was a must stop on the ICW with all the noise associated with a crowded room of sailors. The buffet was endless. What a place. We also stopped there on our trips north and south on the ICW. The last time we were there was 2007. and Mark showed us through the mansion again. That brought back memories of some happy times in NC.
http://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:31 AM   #19
Veteran Member

BandB, ben2go, thanks for that and yes we're continuing on our adventures on the Whaler.

rwidman, Moonstruck: from what I could gather, the place is being split up due to a contentious divorce case. The buffet has been long closed and agree that it has very much the feeling of lost splendor. I really would have liked to have experienced it in the 70's - it must have been THE place to be back then.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:03 AM   #20

City: Merritt Island,Fl
Vessel Name: Sue Marie
Vessel Model: Prarie 29
First stopped there in 1972, it was the hot spot on that first part of the trip. Over the years it slowly fell into disrepair, my last stop in the early 2000,it was obvious it was on its last legs.

But that area in the 70's and 80's it was the place. The docks were always little sketchy, but the manner and the buffet were something. If you wanted to stop in Belhaven, you needed to get there early, or make a reservation.

John

Sortie is offline   Reply With Quote