Old 05-07-2017, 11:02 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
Woody Wax on Kiwigrip

In reading the instructions on Woody Wax it says to wet the deck, brush on the Woody Wax, rinse and then dry with a towel. With the agressive texture of Kiwigrip, does anyone wipe it with a towel? Or is there an alternative way that works? We just painted our decks with Kiwigrip. Love the results but I do understand the problems with cleaning the decks with the agressiveness of the texture so I do want to use the Woody Wax to help keep dirt from sticking to the paint.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:16 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

An update on the Woody Wax on Kiwigrip. I spoke to WW about how to apply it. They said wash the deck and while it is still wet, spray the wax onto the brush and brush the deck. Let it set for about 15 to 20 minutes and hose off the excess. It was very easy. I waxed it about a month ago and it works amazingly well. Stuff does not stick easily and the bird poop that did stick comes off with a quick brushing and a rinse. Didn't even have to use a soap, just plain water.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:41 PM   #3
Guru

That sounds like a great product to use on Kiwigrip. Never heard of it before. Did anybody else tried it?
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:26 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Several people suggested it to me, I didn't discover it on my own.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:59 PM   #5

City: Spring, Tx
Woody Wax has been around a long time and was originally used on surf boards. I've used it for years on my non-skid with great results.
oldsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:04 PM   #6
Guru

We have waxed non skid on our boats for 15 plus years. We always used paste way which is a pain in the butt to apply but yielded very nice results.
After reading this thread I decided to try the Woody wax as we have so much non skid on the new boat. I applied it to the cockpit nonskid today. Even if it does not last 1/3 as long as the paste wax we used previously, I figure we are ahead of the game. It is simply childs play to apply...
Bruce
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:35 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, I was very plesantly surprised how easy it was to apply. So far it is keeping clean on it's own. I have only rinsed the deck once and it is staying clean. Bird poop has either rinsed off with just the hose or a quick swipe with a brush. We will see how long it lasts before recoating it.