windshield wipers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keithmilton

Veteran Member
my motor works but the wiper spins on the spindle no matter how hard I tighten the allan set screws

my motor works but the wiper spins on the spindle no matter how hard I tighten the allan set screws
Remove the wiper arm from the spindle and you will likely find the spline grooves on the stub are worn away. Check inside the slide on end of the wiper arm too New stub, or whole new assembly is probably required.

I had the same problem on my VW van about 35 years ago. I applied JB Weld to the shaft and tightened things up. It was still working 7 years later when I sold it. YMMV.

Cheers, Bill

we had the same problem and discovered the screw had been threaded from the wrong side (left to right vs rght to left). simple fix - move the screw to the other side!

You stole my thunder, Montenido. At the price of wiper wiper motors, it might be cost effective to consider commissioning machine work if the JB doesn't do it.

I have no wipers and hardly miss them at all.

Rain-X and other such stuff has generally positive effect both inside and outside. When I was in college w a 57 VW .. I used a small pouch of BullDurham tobacco to wash down the windshield. Dipped it in a puddle getting it wet before application. Works amazingly well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom