Old 06-12-2018, 01:16 PM   #1

City: Grafton
Unhappy Windshield Vinyl Screw Cover needed from Taylor Made Systems

We just took possession of a Mainship Pilot 34 (2003) and are in the process of doing maintenance deferred by the prior owner.

One item on the list is to replace windshield vinyl screw cover. We have determined we need part #41100024 made by Taylor Made Systems.

What I didn't know is that Taylor Made Systems has a flat $25 per order charge. This is not in lieu of shipping and handling, this is in addition to. This is not Taylor Made Products, it is a separate company. Sites that advertise Taylor Made Products have been checked, they can't get this for me. I think it may need to be a repair or maintenance yard, not certain.

Does anyone know of a repair yard or supplier that stocks or regularly orders from Taylor Made Systems? I would rather not pay a $25 flat fee on a $75 product order if at all possible.

Any help appreciated. Boat stuff is expensive enough without suppliers tacking on ancillary fees like this. It feels very much like they are trying to take advantage of the situation.
Seabiscuit34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:22 PM   #2
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Welcome aboard. This?

http://www.cecilmarineonline.com/3-4...elds-41100024/
Old 06-12-2018, 01:44 PM   #3
Guru

City: Vermont
I take it you have talked to Taylor Made Systems directly? Or are you trying through a dealer?
Old 06-12-2018, 01:44 PM   #4

Same product, but certainly not less expensive

Thank you for the quick reply - this is it, however......this price is even worse.

I am better off paying the $25 flat charge to get the roughly 40 feet I need. It will still come to less than half the amount of an order from this supplier.

I am just going to make certain to measure accurately and add quantity for scrap before placing my order.

Thanks again. Love this forum!!!
Old 06-12-2018, 02:01 PM   #5
Guru

City: gulf coast
Assuming you mean plastic screw caps many sources show up with a search for "plastic screw covers "
bayview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:05 PM   #6

I have contacted Taylor Made Systems directly. I received a sample and it is an exact fit.

I was trying to avoid their flat $25 per order fee by finding someone that might be placing a master order or have it in stock. However, I am not willing to pay 3 times as much per foot to avoid the fee. The flat fee appears to be the lesser of the two evils.

We are going to remeasure to confirm the quantity. Don't want to reorder because I am short a few feet. That would not be good!
Old 06-12-2018, 03:05 PM   #7

TwistedTree, I did speak with them directly.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:07 PM   #8

Bayview, The part # is accurate for the vinyl windshield screw cover. I have identified the exact product. I thought if I want to a vendor rather than direct to the OEM, I might be able to net a lesser cost by eliminating the OEM $25 per order flat fee. But alas, it appears paying that fee is the lesser of the evils. Thanks.

Tags
mainship, parts, vendor, windshield