Weaver Davit System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonstruck

Guru
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
This is especially for Forklift (Steve) and Timjet (Tim), but it may be of general interest to othere.* We hae now completed the davit system to carry Moonstruck's 10'4" Caribe RIB dinghy.* It is carried on a stern arc, bow locker are, and snap davits.* The 15hp 2 stroke Yamaha outboard is carried on a Weaver Lever.* There are two standoff and a leg to support part of the engine weight on the swim platform.* It was a learning process, but it seems to be working.* Pictures are attached.

Attachments

• chesapeake trip '11 007.jpg
    chesapeake trip '11 007.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 1,371
  • chesapeake trip '11 008.jpg
    chesapeake trip '11 008.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 1,415
  • chesapeake trip '11 009.jpg
    chesapeake trip '11 009.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 369
  • chesapeake trip '11 010.jpg
    chesapeake trip '11 010.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 300
  • chesapeake trip '11 009.jpg
    chesapeake trip '11 009.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 221
That's sure looks professional; not like this:

img_50395_0_a48a118de3e88c7992523cda4464dc1c.jpg

-- Edited by markpierce on Tuesday 3rd of May 2011 08:45:27 PM

markpierce wrote:
That's sure looks professional; not like this:

img_50409_0_a48a118de3e88c7992523cda4464dc1c.jpg
*Mark, that looks like a boat carrying a Coot for a dinghy with another dinghy on top.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

That swim platform looks like a great set up.

Moonstruck wrote:*
*Mark, that looks like a boat carrying a Coot for a dinghy with another dinghy on top.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

That swim platform looks like a great set up.
*Thanks, Don.* Looks like someone is ready for plans B and C.

Given the heavy wave action in the SF Bay Area, I'll probably have the platform folded up most of the time.

Moonstruck wrote:

This is especially for Forklift (Steve) and Timjet (Tim), but it may be of general interest to othere.* We hae now completed the davit system to carry Moonstruck's 10'4" Caribe RIB dinghy.* It is carried on a stern arc, bow locker are, and snap davits.* The 15hp 2 stroke Yamaha outboard is carried on a Weaver Lever.* There are two standoff and a leg to support part of the engine weight on the swim platform.* It was a learning process, but it seems to be working.* Pictures are attached.

Don, that looks great! I wondered how the front arc would mount. I especially like the way the arc can be removed from the reciever like the transom arc. I'm surprised this design has not been seen before. At least by me. I had been considering the floor mounted version to get away from the glue on pad- but never really cared about the design. Too invasive. That's a great looking rig. Thanks for posting!

very impressive set up
how long does it take to bring up the dinghy and lock it in place?

Per wrote:
very impressive set up
how long does it take to bring up the dinghy and lock it in place?
*Per, sorry to be so late in responding.* It probably takes about 15 minutes to hoist and secure the rig.* I have only done it a couple of times, so the time will probably improve.* We have to make certain that it is very secure to cruise at 27 knots.

I am a kind of belt and suspenders guy.* There are bow and stern safety lines attached just in case something fails.* When at the dock, it is set up so that the starboard side is open for ingress and egress from the swim transom door.* Here are a couple of pics of the hoist rig.* the come along is removable from its permanent base under the roof.*

Attachments

• chesapeake trip '11 084.jpg
    chesapeake trip '11 084.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 282
  • chesapeake trip '11 085.jpg
    chesapeake trip '11 085.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 248
Don you have a nice setup and the way I want to go.

I got a used 11'3" RIB and got the weaver yokes attached to fit my swim platform. I decided to use our 3.5 HP Mercury which I can lift off and on easily. It will not plane of course but for our Key West trip it worked fine.*

I was concerned the dinghy was too big, but as it turns out it does not overhang the side of the boat, either side and it carries the admiral, dog and bikes nicely. I can get in too. At 106 lbs it not too heavy either.*

The 15 Hp 2 strokes are getting rare and I'm afraid if I wait too long I won't be able to get one.*

Back
Top Bottom