Tiling over corian bathroom countertop or floor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Midshipman

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Nord Havn
Vessel Make
I want to add some teak and tile to my anemic looking head - it is finished fiberglass and corian counter top. I had quite the time taking up the preexisting 14yo tile from the head floor that was laid in the traditional fasion of thinset and grout...don't want to do that again., so I finished the floor with gel coat and teak floor grate.

The above project started me thinking how I could tile the head counter top in a way that is stable but could be easily removed if and when desired with reasonable effort. Other than cutting the ceramic tiles to fit, needs to be easily set, stable, and removable with ease.

Any great idea's out there...would any of you consider Butyl products??

I want to add some teak and tile to my anemic looking head - it is finished fiberglass and corian counter top. I had quite the time taking up the preexisting 14yo tile from the head floor that was laid in the traditional fasion of thinset and grout...don't want to do that again., so I finished the floor with gel coat and teak floor grate.

The above project started me thinking how I could tile the head counter top in a way that is stable but could be easily removed if and when desired with reasonable effort. Other than cutting the ceramic tiles to fit, needs to be easily set, stable, and removable with ease.

Any great idea's out there...would any of you consider Butyl products??

Cut plywood to fit, screw it down then tile the plywood.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom