Tank Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Northern Lights II
Vessel Make
Bayliner 3870
As some of you may remember my water tank started leaking last year, the original was a single 80 gallon aluminium tank, it had to be cut into 2 pieces to remove. Doing a internet search to find a couple of replacement tanks that would fit the original footprint and give the most capacity possible I came up with a 42 gallon and a 34 gallon from a list of stock sizes and shapes from the manufacturer Ronco Plastics. The wall thickness is 3/8" they will place inlet, vent and outlet npt threaded ports any where the buyer wants. They will also custom build any size, shape tank a person wants but at a higher price than their off the shelf tanks. When I talked with their rep Linda who answered the phone she was able to answer all my questions, she also said I could get the tanks at wholesale (-50%) if my marina would let me use their tax ID #. The marina agreed so that was a substantial savings, they are doing the labor. I have no interest in Ronco other than being a very happy customer, there are many sellers that sell Ronco poly tanks but I suggest dealing direct with Ronco if you have a tax ID # or your marina would go along like mine, truthfully I hope none of you have to go thru a replacement like mine with the destruction to the interior of the boat. Ronco Plastics - Marine Water Tanks, RV Water Tank, Auto Detail Tanks, Water Tanks

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1423613310.533206.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1423613328.447801.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1423613349.739256.jpg
Went to the marina Monday to talk with Jeff the mechanic about his idea for adding some access hatches when he rebuilds the floor. I liked his plans because it'll improve access to the bilge pump in the keel and add some new storage area. The pics are the new tanks in and plumbed up. Downhill to spring now

It's not the reinforced type, it's the original that was on the old tank for 28 years plus another similar piece to connect the vents on the two tanks. What problem might arise from using this type? I will have access to all the fittings with the new hatches that will be added. Were you you referring to the vent hose or the white fill hose?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom