Tampa Repairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bsterk

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
Mainship 34t
Just ran my Mainship 34t aground in the Tampa Bay area. Need to get it hauled out and check the damage. Anyone know a good Tampa yard and/or prop shop that I can get the work done at?

Five yards are on the east side of Salt Creek in St. Pete. Galati has a yard on west side of Gandy Blvd.. Nothing inTampa per se, except ship yards. Marine Max has a yard on west side of the bay towards Courtney Campbell Causeway, but it's skinny water the whole way in. Good luck. All are tight entrances if blowing.

Sorry, should gave been more specific. Boat is in Tierra Verde. Just recently bought it and am looking for a reliable place to take it.

Sorry, should gave been more specific. Boat is in Tierra Verde. Just recently bought it and am looking for a reliable place to take it.

Maximo has a excellent full service yard. It's pretty close to you via water, maybe 5 miles. Up behind a shopping center on hwy 19. Via water, you go under the Bayway bridge, hang a right, follow the north side of the causeway/islands, and it's straight ahead at the end of the first canal. Wide entrance.

It's mostly sand out there, so I wouldn't be too worried. Have you put on a mask and checked it out yet?

Last edited:

There is a DIY yard on Desoto pt across from Snead island boat works. The yard was sold recently used to be called river town. You could have tow boat us haul you there or to Snead for repairs about 12 miles south. Both ends of the spectrum literally within sight of each other. Snead is the best in the area. River town is DIY and about 20 mins from one of the best prop shops in the state (general propeller).

Via iPad using Trawler

Maximo
Salt Creek
Embree

Or contact a diver to check out below....

Tampa Bay Boat Yard

We've had excellent results with Endeavour Marine on Gandy Blvd. Very reasonable rates and easy to work with.
727-576-9315 Scott

:flowers:

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Pilothouse, I have not been under to look, but as I was limping in I could tell there is some prop vibration.

Sorry to hear about the grounding. Prop vibration? That's ugly:(
As stated, it's mostly sand our there, so the bottom "should" be ok.

I wish I could give you a first hand recommendation, but about all I can say is good luck.

OD

Emoree marine, the last yard in salt creek is very good and reasonable. Ask for Chad. Tell him Capt Don with Intervale II recommended him? I have had a lot if work done here. There number is (757) 896-0671.
Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Trawler

Had several recommendations for Salt Creek, must be doing something right over there.
I had a diver go check it out. Pulled both props, getting them checked out at prop shop (probably send them to general prop based on recommendation, thanks Cafesport). Thanks for all the recs.

Emoree marine, the last yard in salt creek is very good and reasonable. Ask for Chad. Tell him Capt Don with Intervale II recommended him? I have had a lot if work done here. There number is (757) 896-0671.
Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Trawler

It's actually Embree Marine and Chad Shakespear is the guy. I also recommend them.

Thanks for clarifying Tim. Good info to have.

Back
Top Bottom