Sliding door roller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TwoDot

Vessel Name
TwoDot II
Vessel Make
Navigator 5100
I have a Navigator with stainless sliding entry doors. The rollers are starting to fail and need replacement. I have been searching for replacements but have had no luck. I believe the door was made by Aritex in China. They have not responded to request for parts info. I have attached a picture in hopes that you may have suggestion of where to source these. Thanks!

Attachments

• BD674052-AF57-4AC9-A829-FFAD49586D28.jpg
    BD674052-AF57-4AC9-A829-FFAD49586D28.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 51
I have not been able to find rollers. At this point I just want a new door. Very frustrating.

Hey you two, I needed new rollers for my door a couple of years ago so I called the local leader in window and door repairs. They sent two guys down to the boat to remove the door so they could see what the rollers were like, then replaced them with some they had brought with them.

2 guys, 3 hours, $130. Like new.

Hey you two, I needed new rollers for my door a couple of years ago so I called the local leader in window and door repairs. They sent two guys down to the boat to remove the door so they could see what the rollers were like, then replaced them with some they had brought with them.

2 guys, 3 hours, $130. Like new.

I would gladly pay that. Wasn’t in Florida by chance?

Looking at the picture it appears the roller is on top of the gizmo shown. Can’t you knock the pin out of the gizmo and find a roller to replace it? Might have to enlarge the pin hole or something.

That is an option that I may have to pursue. The pins are welded in so it makes that a little more difficult. Thanks!

Or have a machinist make one out of delrin plastic. Just about anyone with a lathe could turn one down if you give them the dimensions...

same issue ordered 5 different styles from Swisco.com,

will return 4 that don't fit, then order more of the that fits, return policy is no issue just pay for mailing back

Check out my blog, grandbankschoices. I made a set out of nylon washers and 5200 for six bucks. Got the washers are a True Value hardware store . Exact fit with some sanding.

That is an option that I may have to pursue. The pins are welded in so it makes that a little more difficult. Thanks!

Can you not replace the entire wheel carrier sitting on top of that adjustment assembly?
The wheels and wheel carriers are mostly used from sliding patio doors and are available in 1-1/4' and 1-1/2 in both standard and SS from many box stores.
At the stores the wheel carriers are sometimes 'disguised' with all the adaptors required for the specific patio door but they are typically easily removed in most cases.

Back
Top Bottom