Shower curtain - advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
"Dragon Lady"
Vessel Make
DeFever 41
My forward head compartment, although small, has a shower hose and floor drain but no shower curtain. I Would like to make the shower functional so that my guests don't have to use my shower in the aft cabin. I have purchased a good quality curtain-track that will be attached to the overhead. It comes with all the necessary hardware. I do not yet have the shower-curtain.

Any advice on location, do's and don'ts etc would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Fwd head+shower.jpg
    Fwd head+shower.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 97
Greetings,
Mr. S. Although not an answer to your question, and alternative perhaps. On our boat we have a hot and cold water tap on the aft deck. I use a garden wand and shower "el fresco" (with a bathing costume of course). All the suds go out a scupper. Also good for rinsing after a salt water dip. You may be able to attach it to your handrail over your aft cabin.
th

There is this guy, do not remember his name. He was CEO of bankrupt Worldcom. I think he is in jail now or at least I hope so, allowed, consented, encouraged or did not know his wife bought a $130,000 shower curtain. Do not be that guy.:rofl:

Look in IKEA catalogue, they have some shower curtain systems using cable and so forth might work for you.:thumb:

Picked up a clear one at kmart for $9.99.Works perfectly in our mobile home.I did cut it down, so it wouldn't bunch up at the bottom and on one end.

There is this guy, do not remember his name. He was CEO of bankrupt Worldcom. I think he is in jail now or at least I hope so, allowed, consented, encouraged or did not know his wife bought a $130,000 shower curtain. Do not be that guy.:rofl:

Look in IKEA catalogue, they have some shower curtain systems using cable and so forth might work for you.:thumb:

To set the record straight. Dennis Koslowski of Tyco not Worldcom a room divider not a shower curtain.

Rob

Looks like this head is designed to get wet everywhere when someone takes a shower. Suggest you try it once and then decide if there is anywhere in the head you want to keep dry. May be the teak door as otherwise the water will drip onto the sole outside of the head when the door is open. Some people dislike the toilet getting wet. Others the mirror above the sink. All depends on your setup.

Thanks all for the replies. Seeing as nobody said "Absolutely never do . . . " I will use my best guess and report back on what went right/wrong. BTW: My wife has just put a new shower curtain in our bathroom at home - appears to be some kind of woven material yet still stops water passing through. I shall watch with interest as it may be less prone to mildew that the shiny kind.

To set the record straight. Dennis Koslowski of Tyco not Worldcom a room divider not a shower curtain.

Rob

Hell Rob I am gittin old, I got them confused. World Com...Tyco, CEOs were pretty similiar as I recall. I defer to your astute observation. I was wrong you got me.:D.

Any old curtain, cut to fit. Works for my ride. I did have to fab a custom stainless rod to make some curves.

A wet shower room is just fine , use a chamois to dry to spotless in a min or two.

Thousands of small cruisers use the system.

Hello Mike. On our 40'er, we had a separate shower with an exhaust fan. That fan helped enormously -- never had a mildew issue. As a matter of fact, we had lines from the over head and (with a fan bungie corded to the head) used our shower as a drier for clothes.

Aboard that boat the shower curtain was plastic.

On Seaweed I bought one of the guaranteed-not-to-mildew fabric shower curtains. After each shower I'll turn a small Hella fan on the fabric until it dries. Then I fold up the curtain and tuck it away. The bulkheads, like FF are dried with a small absorbent towel.

I do not want to ever wipe down a head. Even if you cannot/do not wish to hang a curtain over the bulkheads, I'd drop something over the toilet. (Think a small plastic garbage bag over the top.)

OR, spray the head with your shower sprayer and "call it good"
That's especially effective if you use either a water softener (no spots) or an RO system. Otherwise, it causes spots.

Thanks Janice, your idea of a fan to prevent mildew is a good one. My forward head is air-conditioned, so I am hoping that will take care of the humidity. My shower curtain runs on an oval track with the joint/closure where the shower head and controls are mounted. Hopefully his will keep the water where it belongs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom