SeaDek

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hwhit44886

Vessel Name
One ton Tomato
Vessel Make
Camano
I have a Camano, and I am thinking about putting SeaDek down on the swim platform and the cockpit.

looking for reviews, and if any Camano owners have done it, wondering who you used for the templates, I have my boat on Long Island and there is not a single SeaDek person, there was one, and they are out of business. thanks

I did our MS aft & ide decks w PlasDeck and very pleased.
Info & pics in project section of "Bacchus" link in my signature.
PlasDeck was very helpful w tips on both DIY templates and installation.

Is SeaDek like a foam type material?
The seller of our new boat was going to have something put down but we told him to cancel doing it because we didn’t want to pay for it. It was like $8k or something. Apparently it’s a very popular think in Florida. He puts it on all of his boats. Plus I was worried I would rip it up and ruin it.

I put it on the decks of my old boat, it was nice for about three years before I sold it in 2013. I think I saw a post from the new owner in the last year or so that he is replacing it, so it lasted about 7 years.

I have some on my flats boat as well, just on the polling platform and casting platform. They have held up better but get much less wear and my skiff is garage stored.

It's very nice underfoot but a little prone to staining. I think it would work well on a swim platform.

I don't think I would do my whole cockpit in it though.

Back
Top Bottom