The reason we do brightwork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddyo

Guru
Vessel Name
Grace
Vessel Make
DeFever 48
First coat of clear epoxy (yes there are bubbles to sand out, but). One more then a minimum of eight coats of varnish. That dark area is the reflection of objects above. My God that old teak is shocking!

ForumRunner_20131002_010542.jpg

ForumRunner_20131002_010600.jpg

Last edited:
Looks far too nice. You have some pretty wood. Yeah, it's pretty when done.

I love bright work! But I cant ever be bothered with it, so there is not 1 sq inch aboard.

Nothing better than anchoring in a harbor with Ohlsons or other bright hulls and enjoying the view!

Thanks for putting on the show , keep up the hard work!!!

I believe every boat should have teak, a plaque for the engine room which gives the hull number. Bay Pelican has way too much teak.

Marty

First coat of clear epoxy (yes there are bubbles to sand out, but). One more then a minimum of eight coats of varnish. That dark area is the reflection of objects above. My God that old teak is shocking!

View attachment 23345

View attachment 23346

Daddyo the first pic looks like a tiger grain pattern. The second like a burl pattern. They both seem unusual for teak, but beautiful. That is some pretty wood.

I was very impressed to see that someone had hand selected these boards to put in strategic locations like at doorways, the bow and across the stern handrail and cap rail. There is one section that has been repaired/replaced in the past and the difference is staggering.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom